Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #1
Faulk Fam

Shower leaking?

We just got our new Fuzion 424 and are full timing with our 4 kids while we build our home. We got our rig 1 week ago and we have noticed little things here and there, but tonight while my husband was showering and I was sitting on the patio something started leaking. I heard water draining onto the rock and realized it was under the shower. We have had little issues this week with the shower with the caulking not being great and leaking onto the floor, but we fixed it and the problem seemed solved. This was a lot of water coming from the area directly under the shower. I ran in and checked the levels and the tank was full so I drained it. Is that a thing that is normal with this model like an over flow valve or something? The models i have seen in the past will just start backing up into the shower or sink if the tank is to full. Any advice or knowledge would be very appreciated or any other things to watch out for to avoid big problems. Thanks!!!
Faulk Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
travelin texans

The first thing I'd check is the shower drain/p trap behind the basement wall, likely all the fittings are loose or have came apart, so once the tank was full it had to go somewhere.
To be honest with 6 people using the shower I'd leave that grey tank valve open til a day or 2 before dumping the black tank.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
Faulk Fam

Thanks!

Awesome! Thank you for the suggestion. I will check that today. We just got it so I knew there would be kniks to work out, but I have no idea whats supposed to "overflow" and whats a leak. Thank you!!!
Old 06-20-2021, 08:50 AM   #4
Faulk Fam

Good call! I think I might have found the problem!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16242077753536922556734392262879.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	34180  
Old 06-20-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
RamminTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulk Fam View Post
Good call! I think I might have found the problem!!!

Wow that’s crazy…smh
Old 06-20-2021, 11:35 AM   #6
Faulk Fam

More water

Upon further investigation it looks like its been leaking a while. It looks like it leaked into and filled up the dust cover on the bottom of the trailer. We put a small hole in the bottom to drain the water and we can patch that when its empty. I think we do need to check all the fittings. They seem to be compression, which makes sense, but I think they popped loose. When you say remove the basement wall do you mean the divider in the storage under the trailer with the Incommunicad mounted to it? I am assuming that is the basement wall, but to not want to take down the wrong thing and open a can of worms. Also, is there any other things like this that commonly come undone during travel? Thank you again!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210620_110717.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	34182  
Old 06-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #7
VitoJCongineJr

I had the same issue when taking a shower and the water running past the underbelly insulation. It turns out it was a broken gray tank at the top or the side, so only allows for X amount of water until it reaches the break. In the process of having it repaired.
VitoJCongineJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:39 PM   #8
Uchicj

Had same issue on our raptor. Grey tank filled up and started leaking. The part needed is Lasco RV282. Amazon carries it. I noticed a lot of stress created on this fitting from the downstream drain lines. I’m going to replace the fitting and use a fernco coupler to relieve some of the stress when hooking up the p trap

15' Raptor 412TS
13' Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins
Uchicj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak