Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyD8 View Post
I believe that it was the semi drivers responsibility to stay in his narrow lane, if he so choose to be there. And it was his choice to be in a narrow lane and that in now way creates any responsibility for a driver in any other lane to stay out of his way!!!!!

The stupid decision of someone else does not createt an emergency responsibility on the OP. If your lane ends it is up to you to find a safe way to murg, it is not other peoples responsibility to to make room for your bad choices.

Ken

Well, I've been in a zillion situations where it BETTER create an emergency situation on my part or being hardheaded would kill 1/2 dozen people. So yes, when someone else makes a stupid decision driving along at 65mph you had BETTER adjust or pay what might be a catastrophic cost no matter whos fault it is. But,

At the end of the day dutchmen sums it up nicely.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:25 AM   #22
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyD8 View Post
I believe that it was the semi drivers responsibility to stay in his narrow lane, if he so choose to be there. And it was his choice to be in a narrow lane and that in now way creates any responsibility for a driver in any other lane to stay out of his way!!!!!

The stupid decision of someone else does not createt an emergency responsibility on the OP. If your lane ends it is up to you to find a safe way to murg, it is not other peoples responsibility to to make room for your bad choices.

Ken
Graveyards are full of people that had the right of way
Old 05-23-2021, 12:04 PM   #23
CaptnJohn

When I drove truck those mirrors were just an aluminum shell holding mirrors. No power, no heat. The reason was 2 trucks on a 2 lane road often clipped mirrors and cheap replacements were desired. No driver wanted an accident on record no matter the fault and certainly no insurance claim. Less than $100 today if the braces are shot too.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote