Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2014, 06:12 PM   #21
chris7913

Quite the long list. I also have this model and year.

1. After reading your post I went outside and hung the tv on the outside mount. Rock solid! Installer got lucky and hit a stud.

2. As for the fridge, disconnect the propane tanks. when you hook up and turn on the gas flow, do so slowly! seems to have a safety system in place to annoy campers.

3. I have perfect cable quality through out. i noticed when i took the tv outside that the coaxial cable used was barely even one revolution on to the wall plate. Wouldn't be surprised it you just need to tighten up some connections.

4. I also sat on the toilet hen i first got it home and said "where the hell do i hang this damn toilet holder?". I ended up hanging off the bottom of the med cabinet beside the exterior door.

7. Ive looked at the bed with the slide in and out. my bed has wheels on the end of it and they're always resting on the floor so the weight isn't going to pull the frame off the wall. I'd be talking to my dealer if that happened.

8. I picked up an additional 2 black porch lamps with orange lenses like the one other the front stairs. I mounted 1 under bathroom stairs and wired it to the front stair light. want to mount the second porch light by bathroom door on the wall.

9. I plan on making a ladder for the top bunk and hang off the rail near the door into the bunk room.

Also, why do these top bunks not come with a guard rail to prevent kids from rolling off. They are rather narrow compared to other bunks in the industry

10. i tried laying on the flip out coach and also noticed the unpleasant hump created in the middle of the bed. still haven't looked at my options for fixes. I don't want to bring an ugly 2x4 to put down first to eliminate.

12. the awning is truly just a fair weather item. anything then more than a slight breeze makes my stomach turn watching the awning about to take flight. the only thing i like is the one handed tilt operation. haven't tried out the automatic rain dump feature yet.

All in all, I'm loving my trailer.
chris7913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #22
djarvis

Any advice?

2013 Sprinter cooper canyon. My wife was putting the main slide out this morning and did not realize that the bedroom door had somehow opened. It caught the slid and stopped one side. Now the slide will not go out but half way. But will close just fine.

djarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #23
katiegreeniz

Here is an update to my issues... Hopefully it will help others like this forum has helped me.

OLD ISSUES MENTIONED IN FIRST POST

1. Outside TV bracket: was covered under warrantee. They put some additional silicone around it. Not sure how well it will hold up, but it has been noted.

2. Auto setting on fridge: there was a valve that was not turned on from factory. The techs found it, turned it on and it is fixed.

3. The cable quality: the tech's tightened up the cable wires behind all the plates and it seems to have fixed the issue.

4. Toilet paper holder placement: we hung it under the bathroom medicine cabinet. I found a couple of toilet paper holders from the dollar store that are slim enough to fit in the narrow space under the cabinet. I hung up both, 1 for TP and the other for a hand towel. See attached picture-they're working out great, easily reachable and out of the way.

5. sprayer on the kitchen sink: part has been ordered, but the cheapie one from home depot seems to work better, so we might just install a residential faucet instead.

6. The Mattress: ordered a tempurpedic one, takes 6 weeks for delivery. In the meantime, I've got 2 egg crates to get me by, lol.

7. The Master Bed Frame: the hubby reattached/reinforced the frame to the wall and we put a thin piece of wood at bottom of bed. When camper goes in for warrantee work, they are going to install the rollers that were supposed to be installed when the camper was built.

8. leaving the exterior bathroom door light for now. not really an issue as the outside scare lights are bright enough.

9. not doing anything with a bunk ladder either. it hasn't been an issue yet, but your tips were great and when we need to add one we'll get the one mentioned.

10. fold out sofa: there was no way for us to fix this on our own. when folded out both ends are substantially lower than the middle and there is a huge hump that would surely cripple someone if they tried to sleep on it. see NEW ISSUES below...

12. Turns out that it is not a Dometic awning like we were told. It is a Solera. Unless I want to install a manual awning or tie it down, I'll just deal with it the way it is and never leave it open unless I'm under it and watching it like a hawk.

NEW ISSUES SINCE ORIGINAL POST

13. Our furnace broke. The camper was brand new when we bought it in September 2013. We've only used it 7 weekends. After a bit of hassle, we got the tech out here today. There was a Defective Fan Relay on the Control Board on the furnace. Would have been a $200 part plus labor, thank god for warrantees. The AC worked, the fan worked, but when you tried to turn on the heat, the thermostat would make a faint click and the fan and heat wouldn't turn on. We had some cold 40° mornings up here in New England.

14. The bottom half of the rear window in our master bedroom fell out. Yes, it fell out! It was hanging on by 1 screw in the corner. They have to replace the whole window because of it and it will get fixed when it goes in next month.

15. Our main push out it out of alignment and there is a huge gap underneath it where it is supposed to lay flush on the floor. We noticed it today when the tech was out and looking at the issues with my fold out sofa (see #10 above). Another thing for them to repair when it goes in for work next month.

On a side note-and this made me VERY happy... Our hot water heater switches to electric so we don't use so much propane! When we did our walk through before leaving the dealer, we were told that we did not have that feature. Well, we were doing some exploring around the hot water heater when the furnace went out the other day, and in fact we DO have the electric option, it was just hidden under a safety sticker. It works far and away better than the propane did. I can get a full shower now without having to turn the water off and on and off an on.

Hope my updates have helped!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	5911   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	5912   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	5913  

https://www.facebook.com/rvcampersofne

Our Trips
7/2012 Maple Park Campground, Wareham MA
9/2012 Saco KOA Campground, Old Orchard Beach, ME
9/2012 Bayview Campground, Bourne, MA
9/2012 Northampton KOA, Westhampton, MA
8/2013-10/2013 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
4/2014-10/2014 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
6/2015-7/2015 Sandy Pond Campground, South Plymouth, MA
katiegreeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #24
katiegreeniz

forgot to post the pic of the TP holders, just love them! lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	5914  

Our Trips
Old 09-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #25
katiegreeniz

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegreeniz View Post
Here is an update to my issues... Hopefully it will help others like this forum has helped me.

OLD ISSUES MENTIONED IN FIRST POST

1. Outside TV bracket: was covered under warrantee. They put some additional silicone around it. Not sure how well it will hold up, but it has been noted.

2. Auto setting on fridge: there was a valve that was not turned on from factory. The techs found it, turned it on and it is fixed.

3. The cable quality: the tech's tightened up the cable wires behind all the plates and it seems to have fixed the issue.

4. Toilet paper holder placement: we hung it under the bathroom medicine cabinet. I found a couple of toilet paper holders from the dollar store that are slim enough to fit in the narrow space under the cabinet. I hung up both, 1 for TP and the other for a hand towel. See attached picture-they're working out great, easily reachable and out of the way.

5. sprayer on the kitchen sink: part has been ordered, but the cheapie one from home depot seems to work better, so we might just install a residential faucet instead.

6. The Mattress: ordered a tempurpedic one, takes 6 weeks for delivery. In the meantime, I've got 2 egg crates to get me by, lol.

7. The Master Bed Frame: the hubby reattached/reinforced the frame to the wall and we put a thin piece of wood at bottom of bed. When camper goes in for warrantee work, they are going to install the rollers that were supposed to be installed when the camper was built.

8. leaving the exterior bathroom door light for now. not really an issue as the outside scare lights are bright enough.

9. not doing anything with a bunk ladder either. it hasn't been an issue yet, but your tips were great and when we need to add one we'll get the one mentioned.

10. fold out sofa: there was no way for us to fix this on our own. when folded out both ends are substantially lower than the middle and there is a huge hump that would surely cripple someone if they tried to sleep on it. see NEW ISSUES below...

12. Turns out that it is not a Dometic awning like we were told. It is a Solera. Unless I want to install a manual awning or tie it down, I'll just deal with it the way it is and never leave it open unless I'm under it and watching it like a hawk.

NEW ISSUES SINCE ORIGINAL POST

13. Our furnace broke. The camper was brand new when we bought it in September 2013. We've only used it 7 weekends. After a bit of hassle, we got the tech out here today. There was a Defective Fan Relay on the Control Board on the furnace. Would have been a $200 part plus labor, thank god for warrantees. The AC worked, the fan worked, but when you tried to turn on the heat, the thermostat would make a faint click and the fan and heat wouldn't turn on. We had some cold 40° mornings up here in New England.

14. The bottom half of the rear window in our master bedroom fell out. Yes, it fell out! It was hanging on by 1 screw in the corner. They have to replace the whole window because of it and it will get fixed when it goes in next month.

15. Our main push out it out of alignment and there is a huge gap underneath it where it is supposed to lay flush on the floor. We noticed it today when the tech was out and looking at the issues with my fold out sofa (see #10 above). Another thing for them to repair when it goes in for work next month.

On a side note-and this made me VERY happy... Our hot water heater switches to electric so we don't use so much propane! When we did our walk through before leaving the dealer, we were told that we did not have that feature. Well, we were doing some exploring around the hot water heater when the furnace went out the other day, and in fact we DO have the electric option, it was just hidden under a safety sticker. It works far and away better than the propane did. I can get a full shower now without having to turn the water off and on and off an on.

Hope my updates have helped!
NEWEST ISSUES AND REPAIRS AS OF 9/14/14

5. 8/15/14 - Fold out sofa not level. When folded out, the head area by the window is too low and the foot area is too low and there is a high peak in the middle. It is unusable in this state.
[ 9/14/14 - Slide was realigned, but fold out sofa is still not level. Even when physically holding the bottom of the folded out bed level, the head of the bed is still significantly lower than the foot. There is a high pitch in the middle and the foot of the bed is at least 3 inches lower than the center crease, with the head of the bed appx 1.5 inches lower than the center crease.] This issue was brought up with our dealer back in May-so it has been an ongoing frustration.

6. 8/15/14 - After our furnace was repaired this spring, it now makes a very loud "pop" noise when shutting off.
[ 9/14/14 - After dealer tech repaired and replaced our defective fan relay in May, we are having more issues with the furnace. At first it was just making a loud pop noise when turning off, but now it has progressed to a constant high pitched whine, constant little pops, constant clicks like it is trying to re-light, low air pressure of heat coming out of vents, and it also shuts itself off after 10 minutes, even when on auto and before it reaches temperature. It also has a terrible smell of gas, which fills the inside of the camper as well as the outside front. So much so, that camper neighbors have complained to us how strong the smell is. It is now unsafe and unusable]

We also have 2 new issues, 1 of which dealer tech documented when he was out.

7. The opposite RV pitch arm is also on the brink of snapping and needs to be replaced like the other one. Tech took pictures of this when he was last out. The new arm that he just replaced works better than it did when we first bought it.

8. The ceiling light in master bedroom has broken. I had it on last weekend and when I went to switch it off, it actually burnt my finger. The whole light fixture was so hot to the touch that I switched it off immediately. The light was not on for more than 30 minutes and I couldn't figure out what the problem could have been. When I went to turn it on in the next morning the switch was melted into place, the plastic around the switch is slightly warped now and the light is now is not usable. This scares me into thinking that it could have easily caught fire and makes me worried every time I switch on any of my ceiling lights.

On a side note- the dealer replaced my whole kitchen faucet with a brand new goose neck style-which I love and is so much easier to use. They also replaced with whole rear awning pitch arm and they replaced the back window with a whole new one. They also adjusted the main slide so the bottom wood trim isn't bowing out anymore.

Do all of these issues sound a bit much for a brand new camper? We purchased it 1 year ago this month. Thank goodness we got the extended warranty- but I'm so frustrated with all of these problems! I spend more time emailing, contacting, following up, and taking days off to drive down the campground for service, I feel like I should be on their payroll.

Our Trips
Old 02-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #26
Jhanemann

It's been a while since you posted this and I hope all had been fixed. We have a 2014 320bhs that we purchased brand new October 2015. (The dealership we purchased from buys his inventory with cash from Keystone, so his prices cannot be beat, but he may not always have the most current model. So we purchased our brand new camper cheaper than the used ones I was looking at!) Anyway, we have a few "warranty" things to be fixed as well. I know it can be frustrating, as I am myself. But when we were looking to purchase brand new, some advice I received was to be very diligent in getting any issues taken care of as soon as we find them while it is under warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Jhanemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #27
cjelliott81

Do you have any problems with the "pack and go" door leaking?
cjelliott81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #28
Jhanemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjelliott81 View Post
Do you have any problems with the "pack and go" door leaking?
Not that I am aware of. We use our camper pretty much every weekend. It's parked under a cover on our property a.k.a. our camp unless we decide to go somewhere. We have had some pretty bad weather here recently and have not noticed any leaking.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #29
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegreeniz View Post
forgot to post the pic of the TP holders, just love them! lol
Where did you find the TP holders.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:28 AM   #30
Jhanemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhanemann View Post
Not that I am aware of. We use our camper pretty much every weekend. It's parked under a cover on our property a.k.a. our camp unless we decide to go somewhere. We have had some pretty bad weather here recently and have not noticed any leaking.

So we are camping in a real campground, not under a cover and our pak N play door is leaking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #31
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhanemann View Post
So we are camping in a real campground, not under a cover and our pak N play door is leaking!

Wish there was an easy way to tell you how to look for the leak origin. You can try lights on inside and see if you can see it any where. When it stops raining you could use a hose to focus water and look that way too. Same with checking the seal to see if there is an area that is not being compressed. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:01 AM   #32
Jhanemann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbos View Post
Wish there was an easy way to tell you how to look for the leak origin. You can try lights on inside and see if you can see it any where. When it stops raining you could use a hose to focus water and look that way too. Same with checking the seal to see if there is an area that is not being compressed. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you so much. We pretty much figured it's coming from between the door and the seal. I watched it leaking. We are going to try to install a gutter over it and redo the seal.

Tags
320bhs, awning repair, bed, fridge, sprinter