Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
markp

lost power HELP

Help!! i bought a used but like new 2018 Bullet 248. the owner had it hooked up to satellite(i dont have that). Behind the tv, in the cabinet, he had unhooked most of the tv cable wires and bypassed everything but his input cable for his sat. I have begun trying to sort them all out. the radio has always worked and played fm music. the ant booster light would come on but I am 60 miles from the nearest tv station and could not receive any channels. the little display panel that shows battery level and tank level has always worked(even tonight as I went in the trailer to sort on the cables. I metered the tv coax cables from all the points and labeled them in the cabinet. I went to turn on the booster and it wouldn't power on. I tried to turn on the furrion to play music and it wouldnt power on. I check battery status and none of the lights for the battery level or tank level would come on. I assume I ahve lost some DC power somewhere. I have no tv booster light, no furrion radio and no led battery or tank level lights. All of these things are in the same cabinet above the kitchen table. A fuse?? What have I done??
markp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:35 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Do you have shore power? If not, chances are that the trailer battery was discharged by the "phantom loads" and you're facing a dead battery. It only takes 3 or 4 days for a typical single battery system to discharge below the "minimum level" of around 10.5 volts, rendering everything in the trailer inoperable.

Now, if you're connected to shore power, there may be other issues, but if you're in a storage lot without power, your battery is dead.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
markp

I do have shore power hooked up , but dont leave it turned on all the time. We turn it on when we go in to do stuff(wife is decorating and filling it with our things). Wit the shore power off, all of the things seem to work-lights, awning etc. I have pulled all the fuses in the box to check them and all are good. Everything seems to work except these dc items in the cabinet above the table.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
travelin texans

Is the battery disconnect "on" or set to "use"? If not you'll have no 12 volt & the battery won't charge when connected to shore power.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #5
markp

As far as I know, the trailer does not have a disconnect. all of the items that don't work now, have been working in the last 3 weeks. I am going to assume that while messing with the tv coax cables that are also running in the ceiling of that cabinet, I have pulled something loose.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #6
Roscommon48

does anything work with shore power on?????

i would guess you have dead batteries.
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #7
markp

well i found the problem!! Between newbie excitement and bad progressive lense glasses, I found a blown fuse. Replaced it and all is back to normal!! Thanks for the help. I am sure I will be back with more newbie questions!!

Tags
power