Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
crk112

Flapping in the breeze

Headed home to Minnesota from Albuquerque.. all my windows are slide-type (slide up or slide-to-the-side) except for the "emergency exit" window in the front bedroom which is hinged.

It's a good thing I can see it in the side mirror because I've (so far) had to stop no less than four times to apply more duct tape... and on the side of the interstate that's four more times than I cared to do. I've got one more day to go so I've been applying the tape more and more liberally in an attempt to hold it shut.

The handle simply separated at its attachment point, and it doesn't appear I'll be able to re-attach it.. especially here at the campsite. Long-term I'm still not 100% sure what to do but I know I don't like these hinged windows any more!! It's a good thing it didn't fly completely off and hit another vehicle..

So tonight I'm taking inventory of my duct tape, hopefully I have enough for the trip home tomorrow I think I have zip ties somewhere if I can just fashion a way to punch a couple of holes.

Oh also check out the pic with my truck and camper.. that stuff on the grass right at the edge of my gravel pad, bikes and stuff... all belong to the campers in the next spot. They have all their stuff unloaded and completely took up the entire grass area between our two pads. It's a good thing I'm just here for an overnight spot and aren't unpacking!!! But seriously, how rude. (since I took that picture I see they've put up a gazebo tent that encroaches even closer to my rig)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7596.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	27540   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7594.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	27539   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7597.jpg
Views:	156