Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #21
spicercars

Mine did the same thing and it has less than 20 hours on it. Took the carb off took it apart and cleaned and still ran the same. Changed the fuel filter and ran the same. So finally I checked the fuel pressure and sure enough it was low. Replaced the fuel pump and that took care of the problem. The fuel pump they use are junk. I have had three pumps on mine with less than 25 hours on it. Thank god two of them where under warranty.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #22
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Mine did the same thing and it has less than 20 hours on it. Took the carb off took it apart and cleaned and still ran the same. Changed the fuel filter and ran the same. So finally I checked the fuel pressure and sure enough it was low. Replaced the fuel pump and that took care of the problem. The fuel pump they use are junk. I have had three pumps on mine with less than 25 hours on it. Thank god two of them where under warranty.
I changed 3 fuel pumps on a J Deere mower with B&S before I realized the gas tank wasn't venting.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:50 AM   #23
canesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
My tech said something to that effect, too. He wasn't overjoyed with the quality of the pumps.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #24
rwmurphy15

Just ordered a new pump and filter off amazon Airtex E11015 lifetime warranty. And is made in China so I guess it will work for a week. Not to pricy only $56.00 for both. It's worth a try if it does not solve the problem I'll have a spare.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:51 PM   #25
Yak

Dieseling, a gas engine that continues to run after the spark is turned off, as in a diesel.

Pre ignition, air/fuel charge that fires off before the spark plug ignites it. That ping that you heard in the 70s and 80s

The thing is, both are caused by the same thing most of the time, a hot spark plug tip or a bit of carbon that is holding an ember.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #26
denverpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak View Post
Dieseling, a gas engine that continues to run after the spark is turned off, as in a diesel.

Pre ignition, air/fuel charge that fires off before the spark plug ignites it. That ping that you heard in the 70s and 80s

The thing is, both are caused by the same thing most of the time, a hot spark plug tip or a bit of carbon that is holding an ember.

Yeah, he corrected the description and he actually has "surging" while his gas genny is running... Not dieseling or pre-ignition. So he's dealing with a fuel delivery problem... :-)
Old 05-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #27
rwmurphy15

I'll be getting the fuel pump and filter on Monday and will install it when the rain stops to see if it works. I need some good luck here lately. I will give a update.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #28
rwmurphy15

Update, installed a new fuel pump and fuel filter no change still surging. Go to the Cummins service center May 16. Thanks everyone for your ideas and help.
Much appreciated.