Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
C130

Roof Repair

I cleaned my roof on my Fuzion 322TE yesterday and noticed what appeared to be a roof repair. I'm thinking maybe it was done at the factory, wound this be a possibility? It's close to a vent and about the same size so wondering if maybe the hole was cut in the incorrect place. I don't see any other indications as far as scratches or scrapes in the area. It appears to have some type of tape on top of it and it's beginning to get loose in a couple of spots. Would you recommend putting some type of rubber repair on top of it, if so what would I use? I've never done any roof patching and never had any leaks at all.

Forgot to add, I bought the toy hauler used but it had only been out a few times and maybe about a year and a half old at the time. I know they could have put a hole in it but no signs of any other damage around the patched area.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
cw3jason

It is probably eternabond tape. If it is still stuck down well, you can cover with Dicor self leveling lap sealant. That should take care of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
It is probably eternabond tape. If it is still stuck down well, you can cover with Dicor self leveling lap sealant. That should take care of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thanks, it looks like it's stuck down fairly well except for a couple of the corners.

Found out what the issue was and looks like maybe the previous owner had a satellite dish up there. There was a cable wrapped up in tape and someone did a really crappy job patching it. I went and bought some material and got it all sealed up now and did it the correct way I think. Bought a roll of material that sticks to the roof and put some Dicor sealant around the edges of the material. First time doing any roof repairs but it was pretty easy so I feel good knowing I can do it in the future if needed. I also bought a little extra of the adhesive material to carry with me if I ever need it. Glad I got up there to clean the roof otherwise I would have never known it was there and most likely would have started to leak soon.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
Yosemitebob

Make sure what kind of roof you have before you use Dicor Lap Sealant as that is for EPDM roofs if you have a TPO roof you need a different sealant still made by Dicor but different.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote