Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #21
Pulln

Apologies for the late reply, work has been hectici but it keeps the camper ont he road.

So in regards to the power and protection. We had an issue with the OEM Genset and Shore power transfer switch which likely led to the the logic board getting cooked but we didn't think tot check that out when I replaced it.

I have since removed and installed a SurgeGuard 50A Transfer switch. It has been in for several months and has performed flawlessly. In hindsight my only regret is not installing it sooner.

I did the install myself and it only took about 3 hours start to finish. The folks at TRC were very helpful with questions via email and phone.
2010 Yorkshire Terrier (Wife, she is the Alpha)
Pulln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #22
B-O-B'03

We are leaving, for our inaugural trip, next Saturday and I have been poking around in the camper for the last week or so, checking things out and getting it ready.

A cold front blew through, last night and I decided to check out the furnace, since it was cool out, turned it on, the fan came on, a few seconds later I heard the burner light and then it went off a few seconds after that. It did that 2 more times and quit.

I ran the hot tap, in the kitchen sink to get the water heater to cycle, just to make sure I had gas and after the water heater fired up I went out side to look around.

I noticed water coming out from the floor at the edge of the coach, right under the furnace so went back inside and took the panel off.

The sink drain pipe runs above the furnace and ties into a vent pipe (I think) and then ties to the pipe from the lav in the bath and goes through the floor.

I could see the outside outlet opening would give me a view of the pipe, so I removed the outlet and found the bozo that cut the hole for the outlet cut the drain pipe too

I suppose this is the Keystone "quality" I keep hearing about

Now I need to decide how to fix this, so we can at least use the sink on our trip and just hope the furnace will start working again, after it dries out.

-Brian
Old 04-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #23
scott24

Do you know if the main board on the furnace got wet? They don't like moisture or power fluctuations. Another possibility is the flame sensor is just dirty and may need a cleaning.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #24
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
Do you know if the main board on the furnace got wet? They don't like moisture or power fluctuations. Another possibility is the flame sensor is just dirty and may need a cleaning.
Oh Yeah, I am fairly certain it got pretty wet, most of the water I was running down the kitchen sink was pouring out on top of the furnace, right in the area when the thermostat and power wires enter it.

The unit is brand new, I just picked it up last month, so I don't think the flame sensor is dirty.

I cut out and replaced the pipe that was cut and had an electric heater in the coach, pointed into the furnace cuby, most of the day yesterday... hopefully it dried things out out a bit. I am going to let it sit for another day or 2, before I try the furnace again... maybe it will work.

As a plus, while I had things opened up, I added another outlet in the kitchen

Thanks,

-Brian
Old 04-14-2015, 03:27 PM   #25
scott24

Cross your fingers on the board drying out. It may work, if it does chances are it wont work long. Once they get wet, better off replacing it to prevent problems down the road.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #26
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott24 View Post
Cross your fingers on the board drying out. It may work, if it does chances are it wont work long. Once they get wet, better off replacing it to prevent problems down the road.
We just got back from a week of camping in the Big Bend area of Texas.

I tried the furnace again, after letting it sit for a couple of days, before we left and it still would not work.

I called the dealer, that I bought it from in Louisiana (5+ hours from where I live) and they were most helpful... they sent a new furnace controller board over night to me and I put it in the next day. That fixed the issue, the furnace worked great and we actually used it a couple of times during our trip.

I am most pleased with how Rick's RV, in Ville Platte LA, handled the issue... they went out of their way to make things right for us and I will make a separate thread to cover the issues I had with our new trailer and how Rick's dealt with me.

Thanks,

-Brian
Old 04-29-2015, 03:13 AM   #27
scott24

Awesome!! Glad its all fixed!
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #28
notanlines

WHAT? Bob? Something was said in positive terms about a dealer? John had said in an earlier post how seldom members actually compliment their dealer. Good for you, and we're all glad you are up and running. By the way, we bought our unit from Camping World and they simply could not have been more helpful.......except their walk-through that day sucked right out loud. But they have been very easy to talk to since and have helped us out here and there as they should. A big shout out to Rick's RV, in Ville Platte LA!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote