Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Poppy's 5th Wheel

Couch Removal Question

We are thinking of taking the couch out of the trailer for our next trip to see if we like it better without. We would then travel with one recliner on each side of the trailer and keep an air mattress just in case. I haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet but I know there are some folks that have done it and wondered how difficult it is? Does it just come right out or is there some disassembly involved?

We never use the couch that much and we are constantly moving the recliners around at night if we are in the trailer to watch TV after our campfire and those suckers are a PIA to move around and I'm always afraid I will tear up the carpet or the vinyl.

Any information would be appreciated.
2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC 4x4
2007 Corvette Z51
2009 Cadillac CTS
Poppy's 5th Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I am not sure that they are all the same but the back rest of ours just lifts off. You have to go straight from side to side so it is easier with two people. I have done it myself because I have been told I "Do not work well with others." Once the back slides off bungee the metal bed parts so they don't attack you when you tip it on it's front and slide it out the door. If needed the legs just screw off also. Good luck, Hank

In the photo below the metal bed is removed but you can see the wooden slots that the backrest slides into on each side.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Poppy's 5th Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I am not sure that they are all the same but the back rest of ours just lifts off. You have to go straight from side to side so it is easier with two people. I have done it myself because I have been told I "Do not work well with others." Once the back slides off bungee the metal bed parts so they don't attack you when you tip it on it's front and slide it out the door. If needed the legs just screw off also. Good luck, Hank

In the photo below the metal bed is removed but you can see the wooden slots that the backrest slides into on each side.
Even though the metal bed is gone they do look like different couches. Mine has a storage drawer in the bottom but I will still check the back for removal so good clue.
2007 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison CC 4x4
2007 Corvette Z51
2009 Cadillac CTS
Poppy's 5th Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
WaltBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
Even though the metal bed is gone they do look like different couches. Mine has a storage drawer in the bottom but I will still check the back for removal so good clue.
There's got to be a hundred different kinds, but they all come apart in some manner. Couldn't get them through the door otherwise. Ours has a metal frame and the back comes off, as well as the mattress frame coming out.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote