Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
steve huntley

new owner - with peeling decals

we just bought a 2009 34' Montana with 4 slides. Love the footprint and options. I notice the decals are peeling badly and it looks like a common thread on these. Seems the solution is very costly. Is there any way to get help or does anyone out there know who to contact to find out?
steve huntley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve huntley View Post
we just bought a 2009 34' Montana with 4 slides. Love the footprint and options. I notice the decals are peeling badly and it looks like a common thread on these. Seems the solution is very costly. Is there any way to get help or does anyone out there know who to contact to find out?
Because your unit is 4 years old and past Keystone's 1 year warranty period, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of assistance from them. You might want to discuss this with your dealer , if you purchased it from one, or see what you can find out from a nearby sign shop.

Keystone may, if you made a request, send you the decals - at your cost and you would be responsible for the removal and application of the new ones.

Some members have tried using a clear "glue" similar to nail polish to prevent further peeling.

Try eBay or Amazon - sometimes they have Keystone decals for sale there. Or check with our new list of RV supplies and suppliers found as a sticky in the Repairs and Maintenance section --- look under "Decals"..
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #3
Railcop345

Decals

If you purchased your unit from a dealer, insist that they contact Keystone Customer Service and request replacement decals for the Entire unit. If no dealer, you can call CS, tell them you tried the local dealer with no luck and request the decals from them. I have a 2008 2955RL that had a decal problem. When I contacted Keystone, the sent me a complete set for FREE, including shipping. Of course, you will need to remove the old and apply the new. (I removed the old but gladly paid to have them applied! Good luck!
Railcop345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Railcop345, From the posted experiences of members who have done what you did, some are successful and some aren't. I can't give you any "magic word or phrase" at assures success in getting replacement decals, but about 50% seem to get Keystone to provide replacements while the other 50% end the phone call with frustration and no decals.

Why the difference in outcomes? Nobody has posted that, yet.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
86GT2r

The front Passport decal was replaced just before the warranty ran out. The next year it was cracking & failing again. It is still that way & will continue to get worse I suppose. The point to this is that even if Keystone provides a new set of decals, they won't last very long either. The decals are just poor quality.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
koko

If I were Keystone, I don't think it's very good advertising of their product to see peeling decals running around the country. It would be worth their time and effort to provide replacements. Maybe using that wording is the strategy with the good outcome!

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
howard

Decals

Steve,
I had the identical problem on our 2008 Montana. I only replaced the "bad" decals and they were easier than I thought. I remember paying $35.00 at the dealer for the big "MONTANA" decal on the front of the trailer.
Go to an auto body supply store and get "decal remover" and also "decal aligner." Both are in large spray bottles, like Windex. The decal aligner is almost like magic as you spray this on the trailer, remove the backing from the decal, put the decal on the trailer and it slides around easily to get it straight and level. A second set of hands with a second ladder would have been even easier, but I did it alone and it looked perfect.
Howard
2006 Woodland Park
Had
2008 Montana
2005 Outback
2000 Lance + others
howard is offline   Reply With Quote