Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2015, 01:36 PM   #1
archer75

best way to lift trailer for axle flip?

I have a kit from Dexter on the way to flip the axles on my 26' hideout. Doing the actual flip looks simple. What i'm looking for is the best way to lift the entire trailer up so I can get the axles out?
I do have plenty of jack stands and access to a variety of jacks. I just want to do it safely.
archer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
bsmith0404

I would simply jack it up in the front and then the rear on each side and place jack stands as close to the axle mount as possible while still giving you room to work. I find that the jack stands are more stable when they are near the area where the work is being completed. Wouldn't hurt to drop your stabilizers to give more support, but remember stabilizers are not designed to lift your trailer so don't use them for anything more than stabilizing after you have the trailer up on jack stands. If you have extra jack stands, it wouldn't hurt to use them, the more feet you have on the ground the more stable it will be. I just lift one side at a time and go no higher than needed to accomplish the task.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

When we do it we drop the front as far as it will go. Put a pair of hefty jack stands on the rear of the frame as far forward as possible. Then raise the front until the axles are hanging and jack stand the front. Only advantage we have is a forklift to raise the front.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Bushman512000

Best way to flip or lift the trailer

Did mine a week ago went in to the spring shop at 8:00am and picked it up at 4:00pm nice work and never got the hands dirty Man life is good They installed 4"blocks now the New 2015 Dodge rides nice and level to the 5er new tailgate is also on so now to go camping OH I have a Reese puck to slider hitch adapter any one need one?
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote