Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
sedgehammer

No Power to slides or awning from control panel

Hi,

I just purchased a 2015 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 31SQBWE 2 weeks ago. I was showing the trailer to a friend and put the slides out. Putting them back in, the main slide stopped half way. Now the main control board will not work for either slide or awning (and I noticed the floodlight on the outside too). The remote will operate the awning but not the slides, although the remote causes a clicking noise in a box near the front of the trailer in the under storage. Sounds like something is trying to engage. We fortunately are at home and not stranded camping, but it rains a lot and the seals are not engaged at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sedgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Have you checked all your fuses/breakers? The clicking in the box you hear is probably the control board for the remote and the slides. It may have a fuse in it or in the power lead going to it...I'm not sure. Also, do you have a control panel with rocker switches or a touch panel? Lots of problems with the touch panels from what I've seen. Does everything else work except what works off the control panel?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
carwheel_09

There is a manual override to open/close the slides. Do you have called operated slides? If so check your owners manual for directions on how to get the slide back in. Some of the electric cable slides use a tool that attaches to a cordless/drill driver. Look on the inside above the slide and see if the motor is located there. If so you will need to remove the trim piece to manually get the slide in.
carwheel_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 PM   #4
redrob

Smile

I had the same thing happen to my 25 ft. hideout. I found the s o fuse blown. The terminals where spread slightly and causing heat buildup and resistance which caused the fuse to blow.I sqeezed the terminals to provide proper contact and replaced the fuse with no more problems -Yet?
redrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
sedgehammer

@ sourdough yes we have rocker switches. @redrob was this the box near the front in the pass through storage? This is my first travel trailer so I'm not sure what a blown fuse looks like. Any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
14george

I got a Ladero 240MK above the slide need a cordless drill with a attachment to put it in by hand dealer showed me whin I picked it up
Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 PM   #7
sedgehammer

Problem solved! I opened up the panel in the under storage and the first fuse I pulled, it was blown. found 2 total, ran to auto zone and replaced them both and boom. both slides and awning are back up and running. Thanks for all of your quick responses. Your comments helped me think about where to look for the problems. very much in appreciation. and yes I bought several backups in case we get another.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:24 PM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Great! There will be a lot more things that come up that you will have questions about. Search the forum or just ask; lot of good helpful folks here. By the way.... the forum.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

How many "things" were you trying to operate at the same time?

Part of my orientation is the statement "only 1 slide at a time". Even plugged into shore power, your putting a good load on the battery(s) when you start moving slides and such. Some models use a 30amp auto reset circuit breaker for slides.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
sedgehammer

I was operating more than one slide at a time. that was one of my first thoughts....never again. one at a time for sure. And thanks for the warm welcome from everyone. Technically the second trailer we have owned (owned a 91 prowler for 1 year) but really the first one with all the goodies....

Tags
control panel, power loss, remote control, slide