Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
ccwood73

wet floor

hi looking for some help i have a 2012 laredo 291tg , i noticed some water in the pass through a couple times and now its wet in the bed room carpet along the wall to pass through. there is no visable signs where water is coming in wondering if anyone can help? thanks
ccwood73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Paul Norwood

wet floor

look at the bottom of your pass thru doors there is a drain hole and i don't think it is big enough to let the water out during heavy rains. I had the same problem and it took me a while to figure it out. I actually thought water was coming in around the rubber seal and i changed all of them on my pass thru doors. if you will run a small bead of caulk around door fiberglass panel and door frame this should stop this also.
Paul Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
KanTC

Welcome ccwood73,

In addition to Paul's suggestions, here's some more food for thought...

Is there a window above/near the area where you found the water? Could be a leak around the window gasket -OR-
a plugged drain hole in the frame. Water could trickle down the interior wall and/or between the walls to the pass-thru.

Is your fresh water hook-up or your black tank flush near the area where the carpet is wet? Possible check-valve issue?

Where's your water heater and/or water pump located??... if in the vicinity, any indication that either has been leaking?

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
LaTundra

check the water pump

While checking out all the functions of my new preloved 291tg i used the water pump. I noticed there was water in the pass thru.
After removing the panel over the pump, I noticed that the screws were rusted. I tightened the filter and the leak went away.
LaTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 07:04 AM   #5
jkohler70

Also check the roof where the rubber roof ends. On our previous RV, the factory did a poor job of caulking this area, and water entered the roof and ran down the inside wall.