Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
lifecamper

Pump won't shut off ???

When not hooked to a water source, like everyone, I use the on board water supply and pump. Some times the pump works just fine it runs then shuts off when the demand is met. Other times the pump just keeps running at what seems to be a slow rate but just keeps running. I have found no leaks anywhere. Do I need to replace the pump? Is there a pressure switch/sensor that could be going bad?Any ideas? I have a 2007 Springdale and believe this is the original pump.
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Javi

Check your battery... cause that's how they act when the battery is low.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
lifecamper

I have 4 new Trojan T105 in series-parallel. Batteries are perfect. Could it be a connection to the pump?
Old 11-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If the battery voltage is good (and it does the same thing on shore power), it could be a connection to the pump, could be scale buildup on the pump rollers, could be a faulty pressure cut off switch, could be air in the lines or low point drains, could be a slight air leak in the tank suction line, could be....... I'd do a lot of looking before spending $60 on a new pump only to find out it still does the same thing. If any of these isn't your problem, then chances are, if you're POSITIVE that you don't have a leak, you need a new pump.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
hankaye

lifecamper, Howdy;

You are from Southern Nv. The water there like most of the SW part of this
Country is very HARD. Unless you have been using a filter and or softener in line before the tank when you fill it up you might have some build-up
of minerals inside the workings of the pump and causing some bleed through. After all the pump is either an '07 or possibly a '06.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
lifecamper

If there is a leak I can't find it. I did find a line to the shower that was loose and I tightened it. Solved the problem for a short while. Maybe I will go there again and see if there is another small leak I missed. Thanks for all of the help.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:10 AM   #7
Fishhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifecamper View Post
If there is a leak I can't find it. I did find a line to the shower that was loose and I tightened it. Solved the problem for a short while. Maybe I will go there again and see if there is another small leak I missed. Thanks for all of the help.
Isolate the pump from the system by disconnecting the water lines going to the pump and plugging the pump fittings

Then turn on the pump
If the pump runs now your problem is with the pump or controls

If the pump doesnt run when isolated
The problem is in your system ... Leaks ..somewhere

Hope this helps
2- guitars
Fishing stuff
Fishhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
lifecamper

I just installed a fireplace. Its a good thing I made it easy to take out as that is the only to get to my water pump. Thanks for all the help.