Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Billg

Refrigerator problem

I recently purchased a Keystone Alpine, I'm loving it. One problem, the refrigerator hasn't worked since. After our walk through, it hasn't worked. Dometic replaced the core under warranty, it worked for 6 hours, then out again. Anyone dealing with similar issues?
Billg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
LZScout

My experience with the fridge in our Alpine is that it takes quite a while to cool down. I usually turn it on at least 1 day in advance and then try to put cold food into it. Once it gets to assigned temp, it stays there. It seemed to get there quicker on propane. But given time, shore power gets it there and maintains it.

LZScout

2012 F-350 SRW Lariat Supercrew 4X4 6.7L Diesel
2013 Keystone Alpine 3250RL
LZScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
ChuckS

We have the 2014 model 3010RE with the four door fridge. We used it for ten days on AC power down in Las Vegas and had no problems..

Just took the rig our into the woods here in Idaho and boon docked for 4 days and ran the fridge of LP.. It worked flawlessly..

I hope it continues to and sure sorry to hear you had troubles.

We always hook up to shore power about two days prior to a planned trip, let the fridge get good and cold ( temp 37 ) and then load it up..

Only problem we had with the four door fridge was one of the freezer doors was not aligned level and would not properly fit into the little slip in catch that holds all four doors slightly cracked when not using.

Dealer adjusted this and it works perfect since.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
EVMIII

Haven't used mine yet (next weekend), but the tech during the walkthrough stated it could take 4-6 hours for the fridge to completely chill. They had it on power the day before so it was thoroughly chilled during the walk through. Good news is it should keep its chill for at least 8 hours. I plan to plug mine in the day before we head out so it should be good and cold when we arrive. Happy camping, stay safe.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
Vandy

Fridge door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
We have the 2014 model 3010RE with the four door fridge. We used it for ten days on AC power down in Las Vegas and had no problems..

Just took the rig our into the woods here in Idaho and boon docked for 4 days and ran the fridge of LP.. It worked flawlessly..

I hope it continues to and sure sorry to hear you had troubles.

We always hook up to shore power about two days prior to a planned trip, let the fridge get good and cold ( temp 37 ) and then load it up..

Only problem we had with the four door fridge was one of the freezer doors was not aligned level and would not properly fit into the little slip in catch that holds all four doors slightly cracked when not using.

Dealer adjusted this and it works perfect since.

We have the same issue with our doors and are bringing it back to dealer for adjustment. Do the panels on your doors seem loose? Ours slide all around.

Temperature seems to be good. Fan is loud.
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
ChuckS

The door panels do slide a bit but are not sloppy loose. I think they are that way to get access to hinge parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #7
EVMIII

My door alignment is fine, there is a little play but as Chuck mentioned I think that allows access. I ran my frig for 24 hours on LP prior to our first trip without problem. Switched over to shore power at the park and it worked as designed. Fan motor is a little loud, but luckily once it reaches temp it is well insulated and doesn't run much. Good luck.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
wilsonseattle

We have been living in our Alpine full time (3700RE) for the last couple of months, we just recently found the carpeting was wet alongside the frig, it appears that the drain line was pushed back inside the slide so the water had no were to go. We have also noticed ours does not get very cold, even ice cream has a hard time staying solid in the freezer.
wilsonseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #9
mikell

Our 4 door quit working in the extreme cols last winter. Techs wouldn't touch it for real repairs. I pulled it out and made the discovery it will not go out the door. Laid it on it's side and heard liquid so I left it for a couple of hours. Turned it on it's top and rocked it back and forth many times then the next day laid it on it's other side for a couple of hours. Next night stood it upright in the middle of the living room plugged it in ran some 12volt to it and it worked fine. Saved about $$1200 in repairs. Went away for a couple of days then re installed it and alls well.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote