If you have a Battleborn (also sold as Dragonfly) Gamechanger in your rig, you will need to change a bunch of settings on the shunt and the MPPT charge controller. I contacted Battleborn and asked them what the settings should be for both the Victron MPTT 100/30 and the Victron smartshunt. Heres what they sent back:
So below I pasted the programing instructions of both the bmv and the mppt, on the mppt your going to want to disable expert mode and change it to these settings.
On the shunt your going to want to lower the voltage to 14.2v. Let mek now know if you need anything else.
- Absorption voltage: 14.6 volts (acceptable range is 14.4 to 14.6 volts)
- Absorption Time: The recommended settings for our lithium batteries is half an hour per 100ah of LiFePO4 battery (for example if you have 2 -100ah batteries select 1 hour).
- Float Voltage: 13.5 volts (13.6 volts or lower is acceptable for LiFePO4 batteries)
- Equalization voltage: 14.4 volts (you do not need to equalize Lithium ion, you will have equalize turned off, but incase it ever runs a cycle the batteries will be fine at this voltage)
- Temperature Compensation: should be disabled on Lithium Deep Cycle batteries because they do not need to be compensated, leave this off.
- Low Temperature cut-off: Our Battle Born Batteries have low temperature charging protection built into the battery, it’s monitored by our Battery Management system which is also built in. You can leave this off too, some other brands do not protect your battery against damage from low temp charging, we do, we have got you covered.
And here is what they sent for the SmartShunt:
How to Program
You can use Bluetooth to configure the BMV by opening the Victron Connect app and selecting the device.
For our batteries, use the following settings to program the BMV-712 Smart
- Battery Capacity: Total Ah of your bank of batteries
- Charged voltage: 14.4V but note that this number should be about .1 or .2 volts below the charging voltage set in your charging device
- Discharge Floor: 0%
- Tail Current: 2-4% is good
- Charged Detection Time: 3m
- Peukert Exponent: 1.05
- Charge Efficiency Factor: 99%
- Current threshold: 0.10A
- Time to go averaging period 3m
- Battery Starts Synchronized: blue button should be to the right
- State of Charge: leave alone
Synchronize SOC to 100%: Leave alone, this device