Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
Pete C

Slide outs

We have a 2017 3900re Alpine. It has two large slides on opposite sides. Is it possible to open the left slide out and not the right?? When getting ready for a trip the refer is on the left side but the right blocks our driveway.

Thanks Pete
Pete C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!
I take it your slides are hydraulic and operated by a single button. I’m not familiar with your year/model but most will have a valve you can close to prevent one or the other slide from operating. Hopefully someone will answer with the location of those valves, most often a knob that you tighten to stop the flow of fluid.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
Dhuhn

If you have Lippert auto leveling there are knobs below the control panel that you can turn. To turn off the slides.each knob goes to one slide. Just remember to turn them back on or you slides won’t go out.

2016 Montana 3720RL
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duromax :

previous
2012 Montana High Country 313RE
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duromax
2010 Palimino Bronco
2005 Chevy Silverado CC 1500
Dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuhn View Post
If you have Lippert auto leveling there are knobs below the control panel that you can turn. To turn off the slides.each knob goes to one slide. Just remember to turn them back on or you slides won’t go out.
On my Alpine, these knobs are located in the coach battery compartment right below the fluid reservoir and pump.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:12 AM   #5
Pete C

Thanks that worked, just closed the valve for the rightside and only the left opened
Old 02-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #6
larryflew

Same problem and have just done left side for years when our Alpine is home for loading and unloading.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #7
BowTieFan

I have the same question?

I would like to only open one slide on my 2013 Raptor, is there a valve that I can close? If so, where is it located? There are opposing rams for the sofa slide (driver side) and kitchen slide (passenger side). I am pretty sure they are on the same line from the pump.

New to the forum, don't know if this is the right place to ask. If not sorry.
BowTieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:17 PM   #8
Pete C

I have two valves located near the hydraulic reservoir, one controls the left slide and the other the right slide. On my rig I close the valve on the left and only the left slide opens, afterwards I just open it back up.

hope this helps, Pete
Old 12-06-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
BowTieFan

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply Pete C. Didn't know if anyone would still look at this forum.

I see an orange line and a black line leaving the pump area towards the back of the coach, there is also a orange line and black line going to the front jacks. However, I do not see any valves that I could close on the line going to the back, supposedly they are going to and from the kitchen and living rams.
Old 12-06-2020, 06:06 PM   #10
Pete C

I took a picture but I don't know how to attach it, if I had your email address I could send it.

Pete
Old 12-06-2020, 06:49 PM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

When your posting on the bottom right click on "Go Advanced". That will open a top bar at the top of the window where you type the message. Then click on the paperclip to the right of the smiley face. That will open a window that says "Manage Attachments". Then click on "Choose File" where you will need to add the path where the file is located. Once you do that click on "upload".

If you want to you can go to the bottom of the message box and click on "Preview Post" if you want to see what it will look like before you submit the message.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:07 PM   #12
Pete C

valve picture

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...1&d=1607310412
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve picture.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	31056  
Old 12-06-2020, 08:58 PM   #13
BowTieFan

Smile

Thanks for the pic. The bay in my 5er Toy Hauler doesn't look anything like that. Just two hoses for the landing gear, and the other two hoses for the main slides. The bedroom slide has a cable and motor.

Thanks again.
Old 12-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #14
kim griffith

I had opposing slides on my last 5th wheel. In my case, there was only one control switch that pushed them both out and pulled them both in. I had to hold that control in that position until it finished moving. If I wanted only 1 slide (out or in) I just released the control at the point that worked for me.
kim griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #15
BowTieFan

Smile

Hi Kim, Thanks for the response. This is what happens with my single switch operating both slides: the slide that has the least resistance is the one that moves. What this usually means is that one slide will go out a little, then the other slide moves some, and back and forth until they are both deployed.

I would really like to move just the kitchen slide to be able to get to the refer, and micro. My TT allowed me to get to all of these including the bathroom and bed. I could stop for a rest break without having to setup the whole trailer.
Old 12-15-2020, 02:47 AM   #16
duggy fresh

Hello Keystone friends. Newbie here. Hoping to gather great info to ease my learning curve. LOL! Just purchased a 2002 Keystone Challenger M32TK w/3 slide outs. Problem is one of the super slides has a bent bracket that connects to the hydraulic slide at the end where it bolts to the frame. It does not extend out all the way... coming short of about 2.5 inches on one side... and 1.5 on the other. I also notice it has a cable type of system with it. Cannot find a detailed manual for this yet to help identify bracket # for a replacement... nor what type of system they call this. Curious to know if I could try to straighten the bracket out with a crowbar or cum-a-long without damaging anything. Or can I access the over-ride manually to get it to extend out to seal before rain comes? Thank you for any help. I'm on a learning curve with little time. Thank you all.
duggy fresh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out