Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
riorescue

Bullet 273BHSWE Bedroom TV Mount

Hi. First I want to start out by saying thanks to everyone on this site. My wife and I purchased our trailer about a year ago and we've traveled all over the western US with our kids and it's been awesome. Lots of great tips from this community helped make this all a success. Btw, the tow vehicle required upgrading!! (not enough payload capacity in our last tow vehicle)

On to my issue...I know there's a ton of "how do I mount a tv" posts but i've searched high and low and can't seem to find an answer to my issue. I've searched YouTube watching countless walk-through videos and can't seem to capture a single video where the elusive "mount tv here" sticker is still on the wall. I've searched Google Images--no luck there either. I've checked with Keystone which was a long shot but attempted anyway--their response was "take it to a dealer".

I rebuild homes and have carpentry skills but yet this TT is beating me when it comes to locating a mount plate, stud (metal or wood), or really just anything solid in the bedroom wall adjacent to the AC and coax connections designed for a 2nd TV. I've included a picture hoping that someone might have some ideas as to a recommended path forward.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
2019 Keystone Bullet 273BHSWE
riorescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is (or should be) a vertical stud at the left and right sides of the window frame. You might verify that with your small drill. The framing is aluminum, so you should be able to verify "resistance" after drilling through the 1/8" luan wall panel.

If it were me and I couldn't find a suitable backer board built into the framing, I'd consider fabricating one to fit the requirements.

The way I'd approach it is to use the 4" top aluminum framing and the vertical aluminum stud on the left side of the window. I'd construct an "surface attached backer" appropriately sized, attach the TV mount to the backer, then attach the "backer/mount" to the wall using 3 screws, two in the top of the mount (screwed into the top reinforcement) and one on the lower, left side, screwed into the vertical stud, just above the window.

I'd fabricate the "smallest size for the situation" backer board from 5/8" plywood, finished appropriately (although it probably won't be visible) and secure the TV mount to that (from the back side) so the backer board will sit flush against the trailer interior wall.

REMEMBER, THE TRAILER SIDEWALLS ARE ONLY 2" THICK, SO USE SCREWS OF THE APPROPRIATE LENGTH SO YOU DON'T PIERCE THE OUTSIDE SKIN.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
66joej

Or you could try a ceiling mount.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1XXbvumDLL.jpg

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #4
riorescue

Thanks for the advice and options. This morning I went out and made some exploratory drill bit holes where I estimated the vertical studs would be located on each side of the window. I just didn't hit anything that felt solid. So I bit the bullet so to speak and decided I would drill a bunch of exploratory holes figuring I would eventually hit the designated mounting area (yes, risky but I can fix the small 1/16" tack sized holes). I also used a fairly good quality stud finder on both wood and metal modes which did seem to help guide me to an area where I was eventually successful in locating something that did feel solid. In the picture below is what I believe to be the factory mounting location. I can't be certain but the 1.5" screws I used did bite and the mount feels sturdy enough to hold the small 19" LED TV. We will find out for sure after towing down the road on our next trip--if the TV is on the floor then we know it wasn't correct. Thanks again for the advice and I just might end up creating a mounting plate if I can ever locate the aluminum studs on each side of the window.

2019 Keystone Bullet 273BHSWE
riorescue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, bullet, mount, tv mount