Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2019, 01:00 PM   #1
Viet_Vet

Anyone "Camp on the Fly"? (no reservations, just go)

I've been trying to plan a 2 1/2 month trip from NY to Duluth GA, Savannah Ga, down to Florida, then head west toward Houston.

All the planning has turned into a real chore, and I'm getting tired of trying to figure it all out. We have camped before, but never for this length of time, and usually just go and find someplace on the way to stay.

I was wondering if any of you full timers travel this way, and if so, how difficult was it to find campgrounds to stay without planning more than a week ahead. We will be traveling from 3rd week of December thru end of March, so probably peak season down south.

I'm thinking about joining Thousand Trails, and specifically would like to know of your successes or failures in finding a spot with minimal or no reservations with Thousand Trails. Info about last minute check-ins at non-Thousand Trails campgrounds also would be appreciated.

We aren't set up yet for boondocking, so we need full hookups.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.
If you can't fly with the eagles, go peck s**t with the chickens!
Viet_Vet is offline   Reply With Quote