Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
Retired Copper

Laredo 298 slr

Wife was home and we where out and about and she suggested go by the new rv dealer ship that`s been open about a year, It is less than 30 miles from the house and am always up to looking at the new models. To make a long story short the new Laredo`s caught her eye. It is a nice looking rig with everything we as a couple would want. the outside kitchen had grill, microwave. fridge, and a nice tv with a pull out swing arm. This dealer ship had a sale going and it was a good price. Very tempting until I got to look close. For a rv under 11000 Gvw it had D rated tires on 4400lbs. axles. The shipping weight was 8850. I told her I like it but it seem the tires and the axles where a no go for me. I like the road armor setup and the moly ride pin box. I ask the guys about it and they too looked surprised. Before I looked one said 6k axles and the tech said he thought is was a 7k axle. Because of this forum I have picked up a lot of what to look for, not so much I don`t think the engineers don`t know what they are doing it just that I like a little wriggle room. The DW like the looks, floor plan and love the outside though.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

DW and I were discussing a new trailer today and putting our requirements together and things to look for....what you described was one of those. I'm a fan of overkill, not underkill or making your axles or running gear the weak link. Good catch.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
Retired Copper

Yep it look great they really done a good job with the appearance inside and out but I am like you the running gear means more to me.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
laredo