Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2023, 10:17 AM   #1
Danshimt

Best Portable Camping Wood Stoves ?

Hello All ,Looking at getting back into a bit wild camping after quite a number of years and still have a bit kit left over from the old days . For all I still like the idea of building my own camp fire and cooking on and around that , I would still like to take portable / collapseable camping wood stoves . There appears to be quite a few models out there on the market so has any of the members here have their own preferences and if so , Why ?
Danshimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 11:31 AM   #2
locomech

I have a Deadwood Stove. I bought it a few years ago because I liked the idea of it not needing gas, electric, or charcoal. It burns pine cones, twigs or small scraps of untreated wood. It's big enough for a cast iron pot or frying pan, and is easy to set up and take down.

The Deadwood Stove is a type of rocket stove that is built in the USA. It's a bit pricey, but well built. It is easy to light and quick to get hot. Regulating the temperature will take a little time to get used to. The stove gets very hot so extreme caution is needed if small kids or pets are around.

The stove is a bit heavy so it's not for backpacking. I store mine in a plastic storage container and keep it in the back of my truck. Thing I don't like about it is that it can turn the bottom of the pot or pan sooty, but I still think it's easier to clean than the charcoal grill. There are a lot of similar stoves out there so look around, here's a link to mine. https://www.deadwoodstove.com/the-deadwood-stove/

"Don't worry bout the mule... Just load the wagon"
locomech is offline   Reply With Quote