Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #21
Stableduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akegb3 View Post
Hi, not sure of the brand. It might be Century Plastics. Got it from Renewable Energy Systems. Item #BOX-GC2-E.
Is that a local business? I am in Anchorage also and I think we have the same trailer. I am wanting to go with 6 volt batteries on the tongue
Stableduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #22
packrat1969

First off, I am by no means an expert regarding 12V battery systems. I do, however, want everyone here to keep in mind that whenever you’re using wet cell lead-acid deep cycle batteries, you should only be discharging them to no less than 50% of their rated capacity. This also holds true of any conversion to flooded GC2 golf cart batteries. Discharging them more than 50% will seriously reduce their capacity and lifespan. Oh yeah, and don’t forget to maintain the batteries’ electrolyte levels.

For any long-term dry camping, I would highly recommend an appropriately-sized solar panel array and charge controller to replenish the batteries on a daily basis. I have (2) GC2 batteries on my 2017 Passport, and I use a 3-panel ground-mounted 300W array that I built myself with stuff I had in my garage and bought off of eBay. While I’ll never get the full 300W out (due to reasons more complicated then I can cover here), the array is more than sufficient to recharge my batteries in half a day of full sunshine after a night of using an inverter for some medical hardware.

TT: 2017 2520RL, Twin Trojan T105s, BM-1 Compact, Xantrex SW1000, Curt Roundbar WDH

TV: Mostly stock 2016 Bluejeans F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew 5.0, 6.5' bed...
packrat1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #23
BeagleMan

Ok, now you have me piqued! What sizes or what types of CG2 batteries are we speaking of here? I have a single battery box on my trailer behind the LP bottles. What kind of mods can I do there? Where can I best purchase these batteries? Dealerships? I'm not privy to ordering batteries off Amazon or such place. What do I look for? Who has pics of their set up? Just an enquiring mind needing to know.
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #24
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
I converted my trailer from 2 X G24 12V to 2 X GC2 6V. (Snip)
I went from 150 amp hour capacity, with the 12V batteries, to 230 amp hour capacity with the GC2.

-Brian
That is very impressive!