Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2023, 01:04 PM   #1
Jim2366

De-Winterize RV and Get Ready for First Trip

Upon bringing my RV home to prepare for our first trip of the year, I connected the extension cord to the battery charger and charged up the two 6-volt batteries from 58% to 100%. However, I am now considering upgrading to lithium batteries and am researching the necessary components beyond just a good battery and a basic solar panel for trickle charging during storage.

Next, I utilized my power washer and RV brush with an extended rod, along with a tub of water and Totally Awesome cleaner from Dollar General, to remove dirt and bird droppings from the vehicle. The RV looked as good as new after rinsing it off with the power washer.

I then de-winterized the water system and sanitized the water tank using a water and bleach solution, letting it sit for 5 to 6 hours before refilling with fresh water. Additionally, I filled both 30lb propane tanks and tested out my new Mopeka sensors, which worked great. I checked the tires on both the RV and truck and inflated them to the proper psi, and tested the refrigerator, stove, and oven.

While the RV is working well overall, there are a few issues to address, such as the non-functional awning light and the Lippert leveling system not working properly, particularly the back left jack. This has been an ongoing problem, and during our last fall trip, we manually operated the jacks using the controls instead of using the rear jacks. Moving forward, I plan on fixing these two issues and upgrading the system to lithium while also adding a solar panel.

Tags
winter, winterize