Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
us 2
Gone Traveling

we are new to the forum and trying to make a discision

Hi everyone! We are just checking into the forum and we guess this is the first stop.
we are approaching retirement and we have always talked about hitting the road in an RV.
We now have a chance to buy our neighbors (lightly used) Keystone for a very fair price. the layout of the trailer will work perfect for us, so the trailer is not the decision we have to decide on.
we already have a 44' Breckenridge parked on a seasonal site that we would have to give up. Seasonal camping has worked well for us however we do long to see different sites. we would expect that the repairs on a trailer we are pulling down the road would be much more.
The other consideration is...we have been active nudists for over 25 years and would like to continue that lifestyle into retirement. The campground we are now at is not clothing optional however because of the very private sites they do allow it as long as it is not in common areas (other than the pool). Everyone at the park accepts our lifestyle (some even join at times) and we will hate to leave their friendship. we are not sure if we will fine the same acceptability of our nudist lifestyle on the road or even if the "clothed" campers will accept us at all. Any help from you would be great.
Feel free to say hi!
us 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:55 AM   #2
peanut

I can't vouch for any of these - - - I have never been to any 'clothing optional' parks or campgrounds.
A very quick google search came up with these:

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-adv...udist-rv-parks
https://www.wideopenroads.com/nudist-rv-parks/
https://www.alltherooms.com/blog/nudist-rv-resorts/

peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:28 AM   #3
Canonman

to the forum.
How do you feel about "Boondocking"??
No RV park rules. Dress or not dress as you please. Lots more freedom to live the lifestyle you choose.
Having a mobile RV will give you lots more options.
Enjoy your new trailer and don't forget the sunscreen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled-.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	41132  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:43 AM   #4
bsmith0404

There are clothing optional parks out there, probably some in each state. RVing is a family activity and many people have children with them. I doubt you’ll find too many parks that are tolerant of the lifestyle.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #5
us 2
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I can't vouch for any of these - - - I have never been to any 'clothing optional' parks or campgrounds.
A very quick google search came up with these:

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-adv...udist-rv-parks
https://www.wideopenroads.com/nudist-rv-parks/
https://www.alltherooms.com/blog/nudist-rv-resorts/
thanks peanut for pulling these up for us. We have also seen many online as well. It would be nice to get some firsthand experiences from some people since we all know how some campgrounds can look online and what they actually are can differ greatly.
Thanks for you input
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC05251.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	41134  
Old 08-13-2022, 10:17 AM   #6
us 2
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
to the forum.
How do you feel about "Boondocking"??
No RV park rules. Dress or not dress as you please. Lots more freedom to live the lifestyle you choose.
Having a mobile RV will give you lots more options.
Enjoy your new trailer and don't forget the sunscreen
Canonman you idea is a very good one. Our daughter and boyfriend (who are also nudists) have had those types of stays and they loved them. My understanding though is being completely self contained for a long period of time is a must.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2022, 10:24 AM   #7
travelin texans

We fulltimed for 10+ years staying in parks & campgrounds all across the country, never a clothing optional one, most were clothing mandatory.
We stayed at one that management ask one very nice looking woman in a very skimpy bikini to please put something on more appropriate for a family campground.
Enjoy your lifestyle! I don't have the body for that kind of stuff anymore!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 02:40 PM   #8
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by us 2 View Post
Canonman you idea is a very good one. Our daughter and boyfriend (who are also nudists) have had those types of stays and they loved them. My understanding though is being completely self contained for a long period of time is a must.
Thanks
Most travel trailers have the ability to Boondock or Dry Camp as part of their design. Add a generator or solar to keep the battery charged and 4-5 day stays using the on-board water and bathroom holding tanks is not out of the question. Remember to start any trip with a full fresh water tank and empty black/gray tanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	untitled-29.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	41143  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #9
us 2
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We fulltimed for 10+ years staying in parks & campgrounds all across the country, never a clothing optional one, most were clothing mandatory.
We stayed at one that management ask one very nice looking woman in a very skimpy bikini to please put something on more appropriate for a family campground.
Enjoy your lifestyle! I don't have the body for that kind of stuff anymore!
Thanks Danny and Linda for the reply and helpful information. Yea, we are no doubting that what you are saying is going to be pretty common. I would be the one that they would be telling to put more clothes on and there probably would be even a skimpy swimsuit LOL
I am glad you all seem to have a good sense of humor .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cannnn.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	41148  
Old 08-14-2022, 05:08 AM   #10
us 2
Gone Traveling

Do any of you know anything about a club called Escapee RV Club? Our neighbors said it is worth joining if we decide to hit the road. It does seem to have a lot of valuable information if you have issues on the highway. It looks like there a sub groups as well (although we haven't seen anything for nudist groups). We did join their forum with a profile. Do any of you know about this group and is it worth paying the fee and become members?
Old 08-29-2022, 03:37 AM   #11
spicercars

Welcome from northern MN.