Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
Fig

Exclamation Sink Flooded :( What are my next steps?

Today I left the bathroom sink on inadvertently with the drain plug in for around 10 minutes while I did dishes. Only one of the two bath mats in the bathroom was wet (the one closest to the sink) and no water seemed to get into the floor vent, so those seem like a small positives to me...

I removed the cover to the base of the shower (which is next to the sink) and the slight dusting of sawdust was dry in there. The water was cleaned up quickly so I don't there is much if any damage to the flooring. I tried to get a look in the hole under the sink that the pipes go into and can see there's about a 1/4" of water in there. I don't know how far that area extends. Under the trailer I can see drips coming from where the sewage pipe exits the underbelly and are coming from the foam that surrounds that pipe. I have read on here that the next thing to do would be to make an access hole in the underbelly (chloroplast I believe) to release water. I'm just very hesitant to start poking holes under there for fear of hitting something electrical or otherwise important.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for this?
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:14 PM   #2
pappy437

You need to drop one side of the chloroplast down far enough to let the water out and let it dry out. A fan to stir the air would help. You don't want all that moisture left it there.
pappy437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy437 View Post
You need to drop one side of the chloroplast down far enough to let the water out and let it dry out. A fan to stir the air would help. You don't want all that moisture left it there.
I agree, just remove some of the screws or rivets holding the coroplast. If it’s rivets you can replace them with stainless steel self tapping screws and washers.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:45 AM   #4
{tpc}

You might get some damp rid to put in the areas where water was present to help suck some of that moisture back out.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #5
Fig

Thank you, I will do that!
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sink