Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2021, 04:02 AM   #1
Ranchhand

A/C Won’t shut off

I tried asking this question by revisiting a couple year old thread a couple of weeks ago and didn’t get any help so I guess I’m going to try a new thread and see if someone can help me. I have a 2019 cougar with two air conditioners and the in command system. Both air conditioners will not shut off when it gets to temperature in the camper. If I turn them off on the command system manually leave them off for just a few seconds then turn them back on they will go back to working properly for a short period and then go back to doing the same thing. When they do stay on and the in command system says they should be off they are still blowing cold air but it doesn’t really seem like it’s blowing as cold as it should be. It was 65 degrees here in south west Michigan last night and it’s not like it froze us out of the camper. I’m assuming at this point my problem has to do with the in command system. I do not like the in command system. I wish it could just be old school with rocker switches and a plain Jane thermostat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:03 AM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchhand View Post
I tried asking this question by revisiting a couple year old thread a couple of weeks ago and didn’t get any help so I guess I’m going to try a new thread and see if someone can help me. I have a 2019 cougar with two air conditioners and the in command system. Both air conditioners will not shut off when it gets to temperature in the camper. If I turn them off on the command system manually leave them off for just a few seconds then turn them back on they will go back to working properly for a short period and then go back to doing the same thing. When they do stay on and the in command system says they should be off they are still blowing cold air but it doesn’t really seem like it’s blowing as cold as it should be. It was 65 degrees here in south west Michigan last night and it’s not like it froze us out of the camper. I’m assuming at this point my problem has to do with the in command system. I do not like the in command system. I wish it could just be old school with rocker switches and a plain Jane thermostat. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
What is your fan switch set to?…sounds like the fan is set to run all the time and the ac is cycling on the thermostat sensor.

Member ChuckS and a few other guys on here are really good at troubleshooting the iN·command issues.

Are both ac units running all the time or just one?
My rear ac was fan I believe was set to “off” and it made the fan run constantly..set it to auto and it will correct it
Old 09-04-2021, 05:19 AM   #3
Ranchhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
What is your fan switch set to?…sounds like the fan is set to run all the time and the ac is cycling on the thermostat sensor.

Member ChuckS and a few other guys on here are really good at troubleshooting the iN·command issues.

Are both ac units running all the time or just one?
My rear ac was fan I believe was set to “off” and it made the fan run constantly..set it to auto and it will correct it
I swear I looked at that two weekends ago and both units were on auto. Just now when I looked the rear was on auto and the front was on high. Both set on auto now so we will see as the day goes on. Thanks
Ranchhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:22 AM   #4
jacksoea

A/C Won’t shut off

I would look j to what jasin1 said. If you have and that doesn’t solve it consider the following:

I didn’t have this exact problem, but I was having issues with the AC system not functioning properly (would turn on when it was supposed to). I ended up pulling the fuses for both the zones that had AC units, waited a minute, and reinserted them. I think this did some kind of reset with the AC controller as well as the thermostat. Haven’t had issues since.
jacksoea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 05:43 AM   #5
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoea View Post
I would look j to what jasin1 said. If you have and that doesn’t solve it consider the following:

I didn’t have this exact problem, but I was having issues with the AC system not functioning properly (would turn on when it was supposed to). I ended up pulling the fuses for both the zones that had AC units, waited a minute, and reinserted them. I think this did some kind of reset with the AC controller as well as the thermostat. Haven’t had issues since.
By pulling the 12 volt DC fuses to both A/C units what you are "fixing" is the STUCK relays for each gateway that receives commands from the IN Command BCM...

Many owners are having similar issues and the gateways are simply "Latching" a relay that prevents the A/C control module from receiving the correct signal across the CANBUS to each unit...

If you have two Zones (Front and Rear) Zone 1 (Rear) always is daisy chained to Zone 2... Zone 1 not only controls the air conditioner function it also controls the Furnace function..

This short PDF overview and block diagram I made some time back may be useful
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HVAC CANBUS Flow Chart info.pdf (645.1 KB, 82 views)

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote