Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #1
btb26153

Hello There

I am new to the RV world and have a ton of questions as I go along trying to fix this thing so everything works properly before winter. We Bought a 2005 Keystone Everest 364Q 5th wheel. We are living in a MHP in it and next spring start moving around with it.

Pretty handy working on homes and so far removed the slide out holding original TV, kept my 65" new TV from the house and mounted in place utilizing the opening. Yes it takes up the wall and she hates it

Added a 30" fireplace in the cabinet under the TV and a built in vacuum system. So now have other issues to work on that need attention and will be asking for help soon with those.

This posting is a warning....I will be needing help, lots of it. I am 63 and partially retired. Retired and sitting around was okay for the first week and after 6 weeks I found a good part time job that I can work when I want to so life is good.

Take care and thanks in advance for the help I know I will receive.
btb26153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place for help and knowledgeable folks willing to share information.

A couple of observations .....you sound pretty handy by the description of the work you've done and sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. 1) I am amazed and humbled by your ability to keep DW after installing a 65" TV in an RV!! Mine thought 32" was more than enough; this one has a 40" and she put her foot down on anything that had something bigger....hat is off! 2) Have you checked that roof and sealed it? On a trailer that age that can be a catastrophe waiting to happen. Go over it with a fine toothed comb if you haven't. 3) Before you start to "move around" make sure you have planned on replacing the tires (all 5) before departure with new ones (if they aren't) and ones with a load range adequate for your trailer.

Good luck and fire away when the need arises.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
btb26153

The TV issue wasn't so bad. I used 1" black pipe with a flange on both ends and drilled the holes for 2 u-bolts to attach the wall mount to the pipe. Before I hung the TV I grabbed it and pulled up my legs so all 204# were on it and nothing moved.

There is 1 issue and it is leaning down on the right side and everything is 100% level and I have pics of everything with a level on it, both front to back and left to right. The TV weighs 56.4# and this thing is built for 136# and the swivel on it is loose and will not tighten so they are sending me a new head piece to replace the one I have.

Maybe this will help someone else. Today is my 1 week anniversary with this camper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shows how bad it is off level.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	27865   Click image for larger version

Name:	Main mount I made.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	27866  

Towing vehicle still looking
Old 06-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

If you don't have it here's a link to the brochure for that trailer;

https://www.jerrystrailers.com/fckim...05_Everest.pdf

Note: GVW is 14,200 so figure close to 3000 lbs. for pin weight at gvw. That will put you in 1 ton truck area and depending on how the truck is equipped could put you in dually territory. Just keep that in mind and look at those weight placards inside the driver door.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #5
btb26153

That's mine alright, thanks. I can still shut the sliding living room doors closed with the TV installed too. Nice to see all the different layouts they have.

The roof I did look at and everything will be resealed and coated in the next week or 2. A few very light looking cracks on both sides where it rolls over I want to get fixed soon.

Next project will be putting in a cat door in the bathroom sink door and building a ramp under the laundry chute for the cats and making an enclosed and accessible cat litter box area and vent it out near the furnace and hot water tank.

I opened up and crawled in the area with the hot water and furnace to see how this was put together the day we moved it in to the trailer park. This has been fun trying to go from a 3 bedroom house to a small trailer with 3 cats and 2 dogs.

Towing vehicle still looking
Old 06-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Best wishes and good luck to you.....I wouldn't embark on that project.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:46 PM   #7
Gary R.

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you have a lot of great plans for your Everest, and this the right place to find answers to any questions.

Take care!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 05:32 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

I have a 2002 Cougar 5th wheel and when I got the trailer noted that you could see some black through the mostly white roof. I knew this to be the roof was pretty close to being shot... the roof material is actually black and the white is coating they put on and when it goes, the roof is pretty much in need of replacement. I have since had my roof sealed with RV-Armor coating. Insurance company paid after I ripped the roof on a tree limb.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote