Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Linedog

1 dish, 2 receivers, 2 TV's.

Hey all, I have a 2016 Cougar 333MKS, trying to make a long story short. Can I run 1 cable to my coach then a splitter each side going to a receiver and run 2 TV's at the same time?
Old 10-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
Murphsmom

We do at home. Is there a difference?
Murphsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
xaugievike

Depends on the dish/antenna you're using. If it's a portable you may have trouble if one receiver looks for a channel that isn't on the same satellite as the other.

A buddy and I started a blog, read it here:
https://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com
xaugievike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
Chinomax

True. My tailgater style dish will support 2 separate TV's. BUT if the wife tries to change to a channel that is not on the same satellite as TV #1 it will loose the signal totally and have to be reset. That worked for about 2 minutes and I bought another dish. Everybody is happy now. Dish does not care how many dishes you have, you pay for the receivers. Hope that helps! Chino
Chinomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #5
CarKath

Without knowing what provider you are using and what dish you are using , it is next to impossible to answer this for anybody. Lots of switching choices available , just needs to match up to what you got. Your sat provider should be able to tell you what switch you need.

Good Luck
Carl
Dog : Tucker
Cats: Beaudie and Jangles
CarKath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 AM   #6
{tpc}

Not sure is this would be of any help, but they do make HDMI splitters/switches now. I've set our trailer up with one so we can easily switch the sat dish from the kitchen side tv to the bedroom tv. No resetting up of the sat dish after.

The only issue is sound. For some reason the output of the kitchen tv to the "trailer sound system" does not like to be hot-switched. So when we do that, tv sound is fine, but if you like to play tv sound through the outdoor trailer speakers, it doesn't work until a reset of the receiver. That said its probably a receiver thing, but whatever is connecting hdmi sound to the output of the tv...stops working.

This is only a problem if you want to "listen" to the news or something outside while cooking in the morning or having a cup of your favorite beverage, etc.