Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 07:44 AM   #21
ScottA

Longtime lurker, 1st time poster.

I have the same Passport 219BH (2021) and tow with a Tahoe and the Husky Centerline TS. I got the hitch new off craigslist for a deal knowing it had the 'wrong' 600lb bars and I could upgrade pretty cheap. When I set the hitch up on the Tahoe I get identical sag on both the front and rear wheel wells so I started using it. For me the 'correct' bars would be the 800lb and I always wanted to get them and there is something in my head saying I should still get them but if I am honest with myself I probably never will. After towing all around Colorado for a year, up and down I25 (flat & fast) and over the continental divide multiple times, I70 and winding 2 lane passes I don't have a real reason to change them out. The hitch and the 600lb bars I have worked like a dream. 100x better than the last RV with the chain bars and friction bar. So where I am at is that it is academically correct to get the 800lb bars but I probably never will.

Scott
ScottA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:54 AM   #22
Balvar24

I've got a 219bh and I'm pulling it with a F-150 with a bit higher payload than your Expedition.

I bought an Equal-i-zer 4-point sway control hitch with the 10,000 lb. springs just because I knew I was approaching the top end of what I thought my truck would comfortably handle.

I was able to locate the brackets per the instructions on the trailer frame.

Everything seems to work well for my set up.

Ran last year from the south east to Colorado and back. I'm satisfied with the set up. I wouldn't want much more trailer or much less truck, but was comfortable. I've noticed no hint of sway.

Run the numbers, make a decision.

YMMV.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 04:14 PM   #23
Nitehawk

Hensley Hitch

I know this choice is a pricey one and a bit on the heavy side but I use a Hensley Arrow simple to hook up and absolutely no sway.
After being in a serious accident with this hitch I recognized the value of it... rear ended and if not for the hitch I would have been pushed into oncoming traffic. Beside the damage to the back end of my trailer one of the 1 inch thick sway bar was folded.
But like I said pricey and heavy.
Take a look at their website. They have a few models and a refurbished program.
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch