Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2022, 05:45 PM   #1
Scuddy

Hello RVers

Hello. We are completely new to RVing and just purchased a 2015 Keystone Outback 310TB. We plan to use it while we build a new house. Currently we don't have a water source at the site of our new build, so planned to use the fresh water tank and water pump. Today we filled the tank, and then turned on the water pump. We can hear it running but nothing is coming out of the taps. Any thoughts? Also does anyone have one of these trailers? Wondering how to access the water pump. We know generally where it is based on where the noise is coming from, but it seems the only access is underneath the trailer. Would there not be an easier way to access the water pump so we can check it out?

Thanks in advance!

2015 Keystone Outback 310TB
Scuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:49 PM   #2
jasin1

welcome to the forum..have you looked to see if there is a cabinet located near where the pump noise is? sometimes there is an access panel in a cabinet or i suppose it could be under the bed in a sealed partition with an access..someone may know and will chime in

edit found this from an old post..might be similar to yours
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5BBB51AD-57BC-49E4-844C-B258A7157FD6.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	41219  
Old 08-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Welcome. I’ve never seen an rv that didn’t have some type of access to the water pump, I’ve seen them behind removable panels in the kitchen or bedroom, under the fridge, under bunk beds, behind a drawer, under the dinette seating, or behind a removable panel in the storage area. I haven’t looked at outback’s lately, but I’m assuming they have valves in the docking station. Check all of your valves and make sure they’re set for dry camping. Many now use a valve to bypass the water pump. Also, how long did you let it run? The first thing it will do is fill the water heater, that could take a couple mins before you start getting water at the faucets.

Hopefully you get water on the property soon, you’ll be hauling a lot of water to keep filling your fresh tank. Probably every 2-3 days. That’s not bad if your camping, and being water conscious you can extend that to maybe 4 days, but it’d get old real fast if living in it full time.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:40 AM   #4
Scuddy

I found it. Thanks all! It was behind a fake panel in the bookshelf. Now we can work on it to see why it's not pumping water. I have a feeling the previous owner only used direct water from a source so maybe never really used the water pump. We shall see!
Scuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:23 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Check the inlet side of the pump for a valve used to winterize the system. It may still be in the position to draw in antifreeze. Welcome, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:33 AM   #6
spicercars

Good luck and welcome from northern MN.