Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2022, 05:54 PM   #1
FFByron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6
Cougar Quick connect spray port on entry door side

Hey all, new here and new to Keystone, and i have a question. Just recently pick up my 2022 Cougar 364BHL. During the walk around with dealer, they told me the blue coil hose in the curb side convience center would also connect to the quick connect spray away port on the opposite side by the rear entry door. Got it home and realized they are different quick connects. The "Spray Away" port, as its labeled by Keystone, appears to be smaller and more like an air hose quick connect. Dealer tells me im wrong but being 3 hrs away, i dont wanna drag it back to prove im right! Lol Cant find any info on it anywhere and i can find a hose that looks like it would work on amazon, but it comes with the faucet and housing. I really just want a quick connect coil hose or a brass quick connect for a garden hose.

Does anyone know if this should have come with camper or if not, where i can buy one or the other?

Thanks for any help in advance!
FFByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:15 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 17,489
Welcome to the forum

If it was me, I’d send a couple of pictures to the dealer and ask them to make it right. They can send you one or tell you to kick rocks, which will probably tell you what kind of a dealership they will be going forward. That’s just my opinion, your mileage may vary.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 08:06 PM   #3
travelin texans
Senior Member
 
travelin texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Picacho Peak Rv Resort
Posts: 6,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFByron View Post
Hey all, new here and new to Keystone, and i have a question. Just recently pick up my 2022 Cougar 364BHL. During the walk around with dealer, they told me the blue coil hose in the curb side convience center would also connect to the quick connect spray away port on the opposite side by the rear entry door. Got it home and realized they are different quick connects. The "Spray Away" port, as its labeled by Keystone, appears to be smaller and more like an air hose quick connect. Dealer tells me im wrong but being 3 hrs away, i dont wanna drag it back to prove im right! Lol Cant find any info on it anywhere and i can find a hose that looks like it would work on amazon, but it comes with the faucet and housing. I really just want a quick connect coil hose or a brass quick connect for a garden hose.

Does anyone know if this should have come with camper or if not, where i can buy one or the other?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Are you sure the curbside is not the QD for propane?
I've never seen nor heard of any rv with a QD for an outside shower on the curbside, but typically that's where the propane connection is for grills & other appliances.
Pictures here could possibly verify.
__________________
Danny & Linda
Full-timed 10+ years
Sold '13 Redwood FB
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 09:22 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 15,526
Let's think about this for a moment; "curbside convenience center"? My convenience center is driver side, the 364bhl I helped a guy with had the convenience center on the driver side as well. The blue hose connects to the outside shower connection in the convenience center as I recall. My QD for propane is on the curb side as are almost all of them I've seen as that is the side folks try to be on as well as the doors etc. I think you are confusing the 2 ports/systems. Where is Keystone calling for a spray port on the curb side? I'm sure the dealer (hopefully) knows the difference.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 55 years
2019 Ram 3500 Laramie CC SB 6.4 4x4 4.10
2020 Montana High Country 331RL
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 11:07 PM   #5
FFByron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Let's think about this for a moment; "curbside convenience center"? My convenience center is driver side, the 364bhl I helped a guy with had the convenience center on the driver side as well. The blue hose connects to the outside shower connection in the convenience center as I recall. My QD for propane is on the curb side as are almost all of them I've seen as that is the side folks try to be on as well as the doors etc. I think you are confusing the 2 ports/systems. Where is Keystone calling for a spray port on the curb side? I'm sure the dealer (hopefully) knows the difference.

My apologies, frustration and a little tired lead to some incorrect info, lol. You are correct....the convience center is driver side and that is where the blue coil hose is and that connects with a 1/4 turn quick connect. The opposite side (curb side) just infront rear door is the "Spray Away" quick connect that is my issue (pic attached this time).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220730_220739.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	40908  
FFByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:43 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 10,786
Can you post a picture of what you are trying to connect to on the curb side?
__________________
Marshall
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT Super Cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.4 Turbo Diesel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:54 AM   #7
chuckster57
Site Team
 
chuckster57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Modesto
Posts: 17,489
It seems he has the “twist lock” style in the convenience center and the “quick connect” style on the curb side (pic). Two different types of connections and would require 2 seperate hoses.

IMO the dealership is obligated to supply BOTH hoses.
__________________

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:50 AM   #8
Alpine Custom Upgrade
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Elm Mott
Posts: 44
Spray Away Hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFByron View Post
My apologies, frustration and a little tired lead to some incorrect info, lol. You are correct....the convience center is driver side and that is where the blue coil hose is and that connects with a 1/4 turn quick connect. The opposite side (curb side) just infront rear door is the "Spray Away" quick connect that is my issue (pic attached this time).
I found this Spray Away hose online. PF267003 I found one has a twist nozzle on it and one that has a pistol grip spray nozzle on it.
__________________
Alpine Custom Upgrade
Elm Mott, Texas
2021 Alpine 3650RL
2018 Silverado SRW Duramax
98 pound Boxer named Baby Girl aka Brat Girl
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:05 PM   #9
FFByron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
It seems he has the “twist lock” style in the convenience center and the “quick connect” style on the curb side (pic). Two different types of connections and would require 2 seperate hoses.

IMO the dealership is obligated to supply BOTH hoses.
That is exactly right. And I feel the same, and have reached out to them.

And ACU, thanks for that item number, that appears to be exactly what I am looking for. If I strike out with the dealer, at least I know what to order.

Thanks to you all for your help!
FFByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:24 PM   #10
lonerider98
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Kalkaska
Posts: 57
FYI my 2022 Cougar 364 BHL came with two different hoses for the sprayers. A blue one and a Black one. Not sure which hose is for which as I've never used them.
__________________
2019 Chevy Silverado 3500 6.6 Diesel
2022 Keystone Cougar 364BHL
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
lonerider98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:46 AM   #11
hondapro87
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: central,Pa
Posts: 43
My Sprinter came with two hoses one is black and connects to the drivers side outside shower connection, this connection has a threaded connection. It also came with a blue hose with a quick connection that attaches to the port near the outside kitchen. The port has a cover over it labeled spray port.
__________________
Steve
2016 F-350 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel (aka towing beast)
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion
hondapro87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 05:40 AM   #12
bsmith0404
Senior Member
 
bsmith0404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Cruces
Posts: 4,576
Have you checked under the bed? Many times they put the spray hose and central vac items under that. And for those wondering/asking, yes there is a spray port near the door on camp side. Great for washing mud off the shoes, washing debris off the steps before folding them up into the rv
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:12 PM   #13
FFByron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6
Thanks for all the replies. Yes I have looked all over for it, including under beds. It goes back to dealer next week because fresh water tank gauge isnt working and I believe they are getting the hose ordered also!
__________________
Brian & Jamie
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 High Country 6.6L Duramax Diesel with 10 Speed Allison Transmission
2022 Keystone Couger 364BHL
B&W Companion OEM Hitch mounted into the factory puck system
FFByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:34 AM   #14
German Shepherd Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Norwood
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFByron View Post
Thanks for all the replies. Yes I have looked all over for it, including under beds. It goes back to dealer next week because fresh water tank gauge isnt working and I believe they are getting the hose ordered also!
Byron: Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TT.
Sorry you have to go back to the dealer, which sounds like a trip, for something like the fresh water tank gauge. Hope they can fix it easily but you should know those indicators are notorious for not telling the truth anyway. Hope your new TT is not stranded at the dealership too long for an inconsequential repair. That your salesman didn't know you needed two different hoses makes me nervous for you.
__________________

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:12 AM   #15
FFByron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 6
It is actually a different location for the same dealer, but only 40 miles from me. They just couldn't sell the Cougar at the closer location. My salesman was awful though. So im glad i can have service done at the location i am familiar with and have dealt with them many times in the past. We just had a week trip with the new 5th and have a cpl other little issues they need to look into as well
__________________
Brian & Jamie
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 High Country 6.6L Duramax Diesel with 10 Speed Allison Transmission
2022 Keystone Couger 364BHL
B&W Companion OEM Hitch mounted into the factory puck system
FFByron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:17 AM   #16
bsmith0404
Senior Member
 
bsmith0404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Cruces
Posts: 4,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Shepherd Guy View Post
Byron: Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new TT.
Sorry you have to go back to the dealer, which sounds like a trip, for something like the fresh water tank gauge. Hope they can fix it easily but you should know those indicators are notorious for not telling the truth anyway. Hope your new TT is not stranded at the dealership too long for an inconsequential repair. That your salesman didn't know you needed two different hoses makes me nervous for you.
Many salesmen don’t own/use RVs. Most places don’t have the RVs connected during the sales process and the salesmen don’t do the PDI or orientation/walk through. It’s not surprising to me that the salesman didn’t know about the two different hoses. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if the salesman didn’t know what the spray port was.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:20 AM   #17
Camp CA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Benicia, California
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFByron View Post
.........Does anyone know if this should have come with camper or if not, where i can buy one or the other?..........
Ditto chuckster57.........since you are 3 hours away either waiting until you have the take the trailer in for service or simply purchase a replacement hose that fits.
__________________
2020 Montana 3780RL fifth wheel
2016 F-350 Crew Cab long bed DRW 6.7L Diesel
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cougar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.