Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2022, 03:54 PM   #1
xrated

Norcold 2118.....Alive and Well, Finally...

So we made the trip to Shipshewana, IN for our appt. with JC Refrigeration. This morning, at 10:30AM I pulled the big Momentum into their facilities for the install of a twin 12VDC compressor setup. By 12:30, it was installed and running, and starting to cool down. In 2 1/2 hours the fresh food section was down to 34 degrees, and the freezer was at 5 degrees. It's now 4 hours later, and the fresh food section is at 33 degrees (on setting number 4), and the freezer is -2 degrees (set to "0" degrees). The twin compressor setup/mod has two separate thermostats. The normal one on the front of the fridge controls the fresh food section, then there is a digital thermostat on the rear of the unit that controls the freezer section.

Such an improvement that I can't hardly believe my eyes as I'm sitting here in the camper typing this. Fingers crossed that it will give me many years of great service....I'm already pretty impressed. Friendly folks, they did a nice looking install, and it comes with a 3 year warranty, plus the option to extend it another three years if you feel so inclined.

The LiFePO battery that I built will be the source of power while traveling and they claim that the unit will run about 50% of the time it's on. Of course that will depend on how hot the temperatures are, in direct sun, how many times the doors are opened, etc, etc. I'm figuring the battery by itself would keep it going just under 40 hours if I run it down to about 25% SOC.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote