Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #1
Knight1

Norcold 2118 fridge door issues

Hello all! Have a new 2020 Montana 3760FL and realized we have an issue with the refrigerator door seal. The trailers at home, and who knows when we'll be able to get out with it, so been spending some time getting used to it in the driveway. I realized the other day that the flip center seal on the left hand door isn't flipping properly. It seems to be mounted too low on the door, so as the door closes the seal sticks on the inside floor of the fridge. I've looked at the seal to see if it's adjustable, removed the two visible screws, but the seal won't move - up/down/in/out. The door is centered fine, it's just the flap that's too low. Has anyone had any issues with this, or any suggestion how to remove this flap in order to re-align it? With all the closures i can't easily get an rv tech to look at this and i'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or if i'll have to do a full-on exploratory into getting this adjusted. thanks, Jeff
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:13 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Its a common problem with the Dometic, but the fix should be the same. You need to shim the door, I remove the door and use a small washer to lift the door up just a tad. Sometimes you can get a pry bar under the bottom hinge and tweak it enough but be very careful with that method.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:23 AM   #3
Knight1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Welcome to the forum

Its a common problem with the Dometic, but the fix should be the same. You need to shim the door, I remove the door and use a small washer to lift the door up just a tad. Sometimes you can get a pry bar under the bottom hinge and tweak it enough but be very careful with that method.
thanks! I looked at the idea of adjusting the door, but both doors are identically spaced right now, and i'm not sure if i'd be able to raise both of them without the top edge of the doors getting too close to the bottom edge of the freezer doors. I'll take another look at this tonight to see if there's enough space to allow it. Based on the way the flap is hitting, it would need to come up almost 1/8".
Knight1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge