Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
CraigB

ARP RV refrigerator controller

I've been looking at a system that controls the operating temp of rv refrigerator. Not the interior but the boiler. It keeps the system from overheating by temporarily shutting down the system until it cools and then restarting it. Anyone every seen it or have experience?
http://www.arprv.com/

CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Both Dometic and Norcold have over heat protection so I don't really see the need for another device.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
bobbecky

The Norcold over heat protection built in is only activated when the boiler temp gets to a critical level, so it does nothing to keep the boiler temp at a level that prevents crystal development in the cooling unit, or even causes high temps that fatigue the cooling unit tubing to the point of leaking.

The ARP device shuts the system down when the boiler temp gets to a predetermined temp, then restarts the unit when it cools down, and the 2.1 model of the ARP device also functions as a supplemental control for extra fans that can be added to improve air flow.

I installed the device on our Norcold 1210 after the second cooling unit failed in June. It developed a leak of the coolant, and the Norcold device did not function. The first (original) cooling unit failed in January, that time due to a plugged system. So far, I have been very pleased with it's operation, and in high ambient temperatures, the unit does occasionally shut down for 30 minutes, then restarts. Where we are currently parked, with the fridge side facing south, the extra cooling fan runs quite a bit during the day when the system is running. I don't have any connection with this company, but highly recommend installing one of these devices.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote