Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2022, 08:48 AM   #1
dep_nate

Slide Out Wiper Seal Replacement

I need to replace my slide out wiper/bulb seal combo on my 2018 Passport 2400BH. The top seal somehow got twisted but the side seals are still in great shape, I'm unsure if the Florida heat played a part in this as is appears that it melted.

Has anyone replaced this and now what parts to order? Also, how hard of a job is it? Should I replace all three sides or just the top?

Thank you.
dep_nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:15 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Replacing a sweeper seal isn’t rocket science. Once you match the correct profile and sweeper width it’s just a matter of figuring out how the original was attached.

We use this company:

https://approducts.net/product-categ...als/slide-out/

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
meaz93*

It's late now obviously as you need to replace the rubber tracks, but I'm in Arizona and it gets super HOT in the summer[emoji15]
I periodically put a heavy layer of silicon spray in and outside on those rubber guards/slides that are on the trailer slide outs. They get dry and twist....than sort of hold that shape if not caught in time.
Than....if your TT is not setup on level ground and it rains really hard; I found out from experience that the slides will leak. It's just how the slide system is setup.
I have noticed in some higher dollar units that the manufacturer put on individual power awnings per slide....better idea as it would definitely help in dissipating the rain in addition to making sure the sealing strips are flexible[emoji106]Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220607-162439_Facebook.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	41213
meaz93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:42 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Those seals need to be kept pliable and clean. If not they can bind/catch, pull under then twist. Try to keep the slide surfaces as clean as possible, clean the seals every 6 mos. or so if kept outside or once a year is stored inside then after cleaning rub them down with 303 to keep them soft and pliable.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out