Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #1
{tpc}

Changing the tires plus other things...

Ok so I've spent a fair amount of time looking into this here as well as other places on the internet and everyone seems to have some sort of opinion. That said, I am confused about a multitude of things now. Anyways...

My plan is to replace tires with Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires this year. Primarily because it seems the best priced for me, and I can get them at Discount Tire.

I prefer to take all four old tires/rims to them, have them do the job and put them back on myself. One reason is simple, most of the DT close to me will not have the room to accommodate the trailer, and I simply don't trust them enough to do anything more than take the tires off the easiest way possible if they did have the room.

Since I want to do it the right way, or rather a way I don't break anything, what would be the best way to go about this? I have multiple jack stands (4+) and at least 3 HD jacks available as well as a flat asphalt surface to do it on.

While I am accomplishing this task, I want to also take the time to re pack the wheel bearings and inspect and adjust the brakes. With all 4 wheels off, this seems like a perfect time to do this.

Is it just as easy as putting the whole thing on jackstands in the corners, maybe as a secondary catch have the stabilizer jacks down as well? Can I jack the thing up in those same corners like front and back (2 at a time) or side and side?

I don't want to damage the trailer or the axles, and doing it one wheel at a time seems like it would be painstakingly slow.

Tags
tires