Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
Bronxj15

Furrion stove top doesn't spark

Hey I have a furrion stove top model F1S21L02A-BL in my 2020 cougar 27sgs half-ton fifth wheel. It's a 3-burner stove top and the one in the middle doesn't spark. It will release the propane and I can use a lighter to get the flame going, and then use the stove. The other 2 burners toward the rear are still sparking with a twist of the knob. Why isn't the middle burner in the front sparking any suggestions as to how I can fix this without taking it to the shop?
Bronxj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The "sparker" is a standard piezo-electric device. It requires a gap for the spark to jump and a "grounded spot" to jump to. So, I'd first check the end of the wire on the middle burner "sparker" to make sure it's connected, check the wire to make sure the insulation isn't cut or pinched under something, then check the contact element (bare rod in the middle of the sparker) to make sure it's close enough to the burner so the spark jumps the gap. If it is sparking, then the propane may not be flowing into the gap. In that case, you'll need to reposition the "sparker" so it's in an area around the burner where the propane flows out of the burner.

If you check, you'll find a couple of holes where the propane is vented into the "spark gap". Make sure there's no grease blocking those holes.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:13 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Check the wire that runs from the turn knob and track it to the burner starter. I've had 4 different trailers, and each one, those black wires would crack. Once it cracked, the spark was still sparking, but it was arching ... um ... not at the burner. It was arching wherever the crack in the coating of the wire occured.

Take a careful look at the wire. If you find a crack in the wire coating, wrap it with electrical tape. Or better yet, replace the wire.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:56 PM   #4
Bronxj15

Update

I took the top of the stove off and looked at the wires and didnt see a discharge or ground anywhere else. I took into account that maybe it was the cable so I switched the port for the middle and back left burner. Now the middle one in the front works but the back left does not. The wires for the sparker fit into this grey housing that is behind the turner knob to cause the spark. If facing the stove the right most port seems to be the one that doesn't produce spark.
Bronxj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 01:25 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If your trailer and/or the range itself are still under warranty, report the issue to your dealership and request either they repair the range or possibly process the warranty to get you a replacement part. If you're handy enough to change it out, that may be the fastest way to get the stove repaired. If your range is not in warranty, then you'll need to decide if the issue is worth paying to repair it or buying the replacement part. Some people (maybe even many people) have a piezo-electric starter and never use it, other's can't function without using it... Depending on your use, either ignore it or repair it.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
DewDog

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having exact same thing happening?
DewDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:23 PM   #7
wiredgeorge

The OP hasn't been on the site for several weeks. You might send him a private message and if he has notifications turned on, he will get an email with your question and perhaps you may receive an answer. Good luck.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote