Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #1
vick

issue using furnace

I have a 2021 cougar half ton, when I turned the furnace on today it did not come on and I noticed the red light was on by the fuse. I pushed the fuse in and the furnace started, but I have to push the fuse in ever time to get the red light off and start the furnace....
vick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

The fuse has two blades that fit into slots. I would make sure they are tight on both sides, and IN the slots.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

If the fuse is loose in the socket then then that needs attention. A loose fuse will arch and create heat and create more issues. Pull that fuse out and first note the "feel" when it comes out. Does it pull out easily? Look at the fuse socket with a flashlight. Does each side of the socket look the same?

Another possability is a loose wire. Pushing on the guse may flex the panel enough to make contact. Yet another possability would be the fuse itself is defective. Replace the fuse, you should keep spares handy if you don’t have one. A pack of fuses with a variety of amperages should be part of your tool box for camping.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:45 AM   #4
dutchmensport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If the fuse is loose in the socket then then that needs attention. .... A pack of fuses with a variety of amperages should be part of your tool box for camping.

Totally agree! Even keeping spare fuses handy.

Funny though .... 25 years ago I purchased a sample packet of automotive fuses with different amperages. That packet has traveled in 5 different RV, and to this date, I still have never had to use one. But I still keep them in my RV tool box, just in case.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post

Funny though .... 25 years ago I purchased a sample packet of automotive fuses with different amperages. That packet has traveled in 5 different RV, and to this date, I still have never had to use one. But I still keep them in my RV tool box, just in case.
Same here but for the small investment in $$, weight & space I've always kept them in my toolbox.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Same here but for the small investment in $$, weight & space I've always kept them in my toolbox.
Toss those fuses and tomorrow you'll need one or maybe two...... My "buddy" Murphy will make sure of that for you !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Check the blades on the fuse. They should slip between the connectors in the fuse panel. My last trailer, brand new, had a fuse that lit (lost power), went to the fuse panel and it went off. They had installed the fuse with one blade inside the little crimp connector and the other one was outside it just laying in it causing it to lose connection.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace