Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2021, 06:17 AM   #1
BA70

in-Command App on Android

I have looked everywhere for an answer to this to no avail so I apologize if I am just blind to the fact of finding it.

We got a 2021 Cougar 368MBI back in January, been loving it so far. The only problem I have is more of an annoyance but can't figure out what is causing it.

My iN-Command App on my android phone keeps giving me notifications of DC offline and it has been giving me that A LOT lately. I woke up this morning with over 20 of these notifications and this is at home not when I am at the RV. When it give me a couple of these in a row and I try to connect to the RV via the app I get RV offline and if I wait a few minutes then I can connect no problem.

Anyone have any idea what would be causing this?

Thanks
BA70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 04:47 AM   #2
jnetta117

We keep getting "RV Offline". In-command customer support has been zero help. Our control panel keeps completely freezing up and we have to reset everything 3 and 4 times a day through power disconnection. I'm so frustrated. We've only had our 2022 Alpine 3712kb for a month! We've had nothing but problems with the entire camper.
jnetta117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #3
Cousin Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA70 View Post
I have looked everywhere for an answer to this to no avail so I apologize if I am just blind to the fact of finding it.

We got a 2021 Cougar 368MBI back in January, been loving it so far. The only problem I have is more of an annoyance but can't figure out what is causing it.

My iN-Command App on my android phone keeps giving me notifications of DC offline and it has been giving me that A LOT lately. I woke up this morning with over 20 of these notifications and this is at home not when I am at the RV. When it give me a couple of these in a row and I try to connect to the RV via the app I get RV offline and if I wait a few minutes then I can connect no problem.

Thanks
Wild *** guess. There maybe just a simple connectivity delay. I’m having an issue with the controller not turning the heat on. The plot thickens.
Cousin Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #4
jnetta117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Gary View Post
Wild *** guess. There maybe just a simple connectivity delay. I’m having an issue with the controller not turning the heat on. The plot thickens.
That was probably the case. I finally just disconnected the inCommand from wifi. It sucks that we can't use that feature now, but I was tired of having to completely power cycle the RV. That may be what you have to do to solve your HVAC issue. (Power cycle the RV)

We've concluded that Keystones are just pieces of sh*t and can't wait until spring to trade this darn thing in for something (hopefully) better made. Our duct work is crappy and supposedly the dealership is waiting on warranty approval. Our on-demand water heater works when it feels like it, the screens don't fit the windows, and on and on and on. It definitely isn't worth the $80k we spent on it!
Old 12-22-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnetta117 View Post
That was probably the case. I finally just disconnected the inCommand from wifi. It sucks that we can't use that feature now, but I was tired of having to completely power cycle the RV. That may be what you have to do to solve your HVAC issue. (Power cycle the RV)

We've concluded that Keystones are just pieces of sh*t and can't wait until spring to trade this darn thing in for something (hopefully) better made. Our duct work is crappy and supposedly the dealership is waiting on warranty approval. Our on-demand water heater works when it feels like it, the screens don't fit the windows, and on and on and on. It definitely isn't worth the $80k we spent on it!
I understand your frustration, but for the record:

InCommand is NOT a Keystone product it is ASA (Jensen).
Your on demand water heater is NOT a Keystone product.
The windows/screens are NOT a Keystone product.

If you go shopping for a replacement, take note of who makes the components you are having issues with and make sure their products AREN’T in the one you select.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #6
jnetta117

I know and understand this. However, Keystone chooses to use these components in their campers/RVs. The least they could do is stand behind the products they use. They have not donrle this. The dealer, Keystone and the product manufacturers have been NO help to us.
Old 12-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #7
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA70 View Post

Thanks

This is a glitch I simply live with. As you've found, more times than not the issue is a temporary connectivity problem. Check again in a few minutes and no problem. Not a 'fix', but going into your Android phone settings and turning off notifications will stop them from coming in.

I have no need to constantly monitor the conditions in the RV via InCommand....I have pets and use Waggle for that, for this reason, simply turning off all InCommand notifications was a good option...YMMV.

By the way, don't know how you are connecting to the DC, but if using Global Connect and camp wifi - good luck. I found I would frequently drop connections to the DC made with most camp wifi connectons. We ended up adding another line to our Visible cell account (under one of our dog's names) and dedicated this line for RV InCommand use.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:59 PM   #8
Cousin Gary

Thank you. Hope you’re situation turns out well. When in doubt keep smiling.
Cousin Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 06:27 AM   #9
DBax

On my in command and Android I get the annoying notifications when I am out of Bluetooth range. The only fix I have found is to go to settings/apps/in-command and do a force stop.
DBax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:24 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBax View Post
On my in command and Android I get the annoying notifications when I am out of Bluetooth range. The only fix I have found is to go to settings/apps/in-command and do a force stop.
You should be able to go into the phone's notification settings and turn the notification alert off for that app. Are you using an iPhone or Android?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #11
FamilyFuzion2021

Anyone ever had the app "stick" while operating a motor function like a slide or awning? Causing the function to keep running. I deleted my app which was useful when it worked right but caused me to replace an awning when the motor wouldn't stop
FamilyFuzion2021 is offline   Reply With Quote