Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
davehtutk

Blackstone quick disconnect hose

I have a 2200BH and we got a Blackstone we store in our outdoor kitchen area. I wanted to get the quick disconnect hose for hooking it up to the RV propane. Ordered one off Amazon and it doesn't fit. I pulled the stove hose for the quick disconnect and looked it up, its 3/8" male end.

The quick disconnect hoses I can find around and on amazon for Blackstone are 1/4"

Has anyone been able to find a 3/8 quick disconnect to a Blackstone? or have any other ideas.

Thanks
davehtutk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
mikec557

I'm having to use long term memory here, so take it with a grain of salt. My recollection is that natural gas uses 3/8 (commonly) while propane commonly uses 1/4.

What size is on the RV? I think it should be 1/4. And what is the connection on your Blackstone? Threaded, right?

Would this kit do what you need? It would work with both my 17in and 22in Blackstone. By the way, there may be more flexible hoses than this one, it just came up first in my search.

https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Connect...dDbGljaz10cnVl
mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:55 AM   #3
machz

This is what I use on my 17" blackstone

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
machz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:57 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

My trailer has both size quick disconnects, 1/4" on the outside srove and 3/8" on the bumber mount grill. The easiest thing to do is either replace the male end of the hose or the female end on the trailer. If you don't want to do that for whatever reason then go to a propane sales/repair company or a hose company that makes hydraulic, brake, and gas hoses and have them make a hose.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:10 AM   #5
davehtutk

Thanks for the help, The kits linked are the 1/4 quick disco adapter and dont fit (its what I have to send back to amazon)

Ill try stopping by a propane dealer
Old 10-07-2021, 06:03 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehtutk View Post
Thanks for the help, The kits linked are the 1/4 quick disco adapter and dont fit (its what I have to send back to amazon)

Ill try stopping by a propane dealer
Try this... it works for me

https://www.amazon.com/EAZY2HD-Conne...55158307&psc=1
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 06:25 AM   #7
davehtutk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Thanks but that is the one I have and it has a 1/4” quick disco adapter
Old 10-07-2021, 06:26 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team

The OP's issue is the trailer has a 3/8" female quick connect.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:37 AM   #9
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
The OP's issue is the trailer has a 3/8" female quick connect.
And so does the one I posted the connection to the grill is 1/4" and to the trailer is 3/8"

I'm holding the damned thing in my hand right now.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:44 AM   #10
davehtutk

Quote:
And so does the one I posted the connection to the grill is 1/4" and to the trailer is 3/8"

My trailer has the female 3/8” disco and that hose has a 1/4” male disco. If it works for your trailer I’m sure sure disco is 1/4”
Old 10-07-2021, 06:45 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:

And I'm looking at the damned description from your link ...

✔ Perfect Length - 1/4" Rv Propane Hose Quick Connect Is 7 Ft Long ,You Can Put It Where You Want.Attention:You Will Have To Remove The Regulator On Blackstone Grill If Your Rv Already Connect Cyliner With Regulator.
✔ Standard Fitting - 1/4" Male Quick-Disconnect Plug X (Propane Elbow Adapter Fitting For Blackstone 17"/22" Griddle + 3/8" Female Flare Swivel Connect). For Use On Low-Pressure Propane System.

It lists a 3/8" flare fitting, not a 3/8" male quick disconnect. His female quick disconnect that he's trying to connect to on the camper is a 3/8" not 1/4".
Old 10-07-2021, 07:07 AM   #12
Javi

Quote:
And I'm looking at the damned description from your link ...

✔ Perfect Length - 1/4" Rv Propane Hose Quick Connect Is 7 Ft Long ,You Can Put It Where You Want.Attention:You Will Have To Remove The Regulator On Blackstone Grill If Your Rv Already Connect Cyliner With Regulator.
✔ Standard Fitting - 1/4" Male Quick-Disconnect Plug X (Propane Elbow Adapter Fitting For Blackstone 17"/22" Griddle + 3/8" Female Flare Swivel Connect). For Use On Low-Pressure Propane System.

It lists a 3/8" flare fitting, not a 3/8" male quick disconnect. His female quick disconnect that he's trying to connect to on the camper is a 3/8" not 1/4".
This is the exact thing I have in my hand.. as I pieced it together myself..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SD79YB...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-12-Fe...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Old 10-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
This is the exact thing I have in my hand.. as I pieced it together myself..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083SD79YB...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-12-Fe...dDbGljaz10cnVl
That would work, the link in the previous post won't. Thanks for the update.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #14
Javi

Quote:
That would work, the link in the previous post won't. Thanks for the update.
Yeah, sorry... I bought mine when the Blackstone first hit the market from an online store.. I tried to find their web site but it looks like it has gone under or change names.

The one I bought was already assembled and when I saw the OP's post I thought it would be easy to answer.. I got in a hurry and just did a google search for what I wanted.. 3/8" QC propane hose with 1/4" male QC..

Anyway it took me a lot longer to run over to the trailer and actually make sure the fittings were what I thought they were.. and even longer to look up the correct parts to make it happen..

Glad I was at work...
Old 10-07-2021, 10:30 AM   #15
flybouy
Site Team

No problem Javi, easily happens. I feel for those that have never experienced or heard of the kind of fittings and "stuff" they put on trailers. Our house was a model home, the builder couldn't fit this model on the remaining lots of the developjent so we got a good deal, over 2 decades ago. Anyway, they put a natural gas line with a 3/8" qc coupler for a grill. When we bought our current trailer I was suprised to see the same fitting on the camper back at the grill connection. Still haven't figured out the logic for that one.
Old 10-07-2021, 10:51 AM   #16
Javi

Quote:
No problem Javi, easily happens. I feel for those that have never experienced or heard of the kind of fittings and "stuff" they put on trailers. Our house was a model home, the builder couldn't fit this model on the remaining lots of the development so we got a good deal, over 2 decades ago. Anyway, they put a natural gas line with a 3/8" qc coupler for a grill. When we bought our current trailer I was surprised to see the same fitting on the camper back at the grill connection. Still haven't figured out the logic for that one.
I actually design propane and natural gas fireplaces and grills including a portable which uses the 3/8" QC for a company in the DFW area.. The company I manage makes the sheet metal for them and I design their units for them.

Since the buy out we make more hospital operating rooms than anything else, but I still dabble in design for some of our legacy customers..
Old 10-08-2021, 04:15 AM   #17
jxnbbl

One item to note is that not all blackstones are the same. I bought the tailgater last year and ran around finding the correct quick connect fittings to modify to use a hose from the trailer QC fitting. I ended up making my own. You should be able to find all fitting sizes on amazon. Just remember that you want the female/valve end on the exposed hose end.
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:28 PM   #18
davehtutk

Thanks for all the responses, found a guy that made me a hose and it worked great this weekend
Old 10-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #19
zalewskim

I used this unit for my 22" Blackstone and 2017 Keystone Sprinter - quick-connect attaches to the RV propane line perfectly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
zalewskim is offline   Reply With Quote