Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2021, 09:02 AM   #21
CaptnJohn

This is my 3rd Montana. Before these I had a HC that arrived with Rainer LR F tires. I felt lucky to go 45 miles from the dealer to the tire shop where I had Sailuns waiting. Shop gave me $30 each for the 5 Rainers. They went on farm trailers, hay wagons etc. hopefully on a poop spreader. I had no faith in them. Others have hade great luck. All are a luck of the draw and at the mercy of our �� roads.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:44 AM   #22
Locodriver

You might be interested in doing some research on Boar Wheels. IMO they are the only tires and wheels to protect my crew and investment. Well worth the investment. IMO.
Stay safe.
Locodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:31 AM   #23
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Sandy View Post
I hear you, I changed out the stock tires on my Cougar immediately. However, this Montana is coming with Rainier G rated tires. I can find very little to no information online about these tires. Some seem to suggest that they are Sailun's. See link.

https://www.easternmarine.com/sailun...im-8-lug-l-r-g
Tredit is a Rainier OEM.

https://www.tredittire.com/tire/rainier-st-all-steel/
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:42 AM   #24
Locodriver

Thumbs up Boar Wheels

Here is the link for Boar Wheels. https://www.boarwheel.com/
Good luck and Happy Trails.
Locodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #25
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
This is what happened to our Ranier tires. We purchased the camper brand new and it was less than 6 months later, and probably less than 2000 miles on these tires when this happened. We were a good couple hundred miles from home. This wasn't fun. I'll NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER tow a trailer again if it has Ranier tires!

Difficult to be sure with only one picture and limited information but that failed tire could be the result of Run Low Sidewall Flex Failure.
Do you run a TPMS? If so what is the low pressure warning level? Have you run a test to confirm the TPMS is working properly? Do you have other pictures of the failed tire?
Old 11-26-2021, 07:35 AM   #26
Mike&Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post

Thanks, for the life of me I couldn't find that information. They sound much better than the previous F rated ones. I guess I'll report any problems, but for now, I'm planning on keeping them on.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 3.42
San Antonio, TX
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 11:09 PM   #27
California camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Sandy View Post
I'm picking up a 2022 Montana HC 295rl in 3 weeks. It's coming with Ranier G rated tires. Apparently, the G rated ones are new for 2022. Anybody want to chime in on if I should change them out?
Just replaced all 5 of our Rainier tires... After one blew and another had a tread separation. Less than 10k miles on them. Keep a close eye on them, and ditch them for something good first chance you get! It ripped a hole so the way through the bottom of our trailer!
California camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 04:20 PM   #28
Tireman9

Quote:
Originally Posted by California camping View Post
Just replaced all 5 of our Rainier tires... After one blew and another had a tread separation. Less than 10k miles on them. Keep a close eye on them, and ditch them for something good first chance you get! It ripped a hole so the way through the bottom of our trailer!

Did you file two complaints with NHTSA? One for each tire. You will need both VIN and the full DOT including the date part of the tire S/N.

The general failure of the RV community to take the 10 minutes required to file complaints is a major reason for us not getting the durability we want.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:06 PM   #29
Mike&Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by California camping View Post
Were they the G rated ones?
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel 3.42
San Antonio, TX
Mike&Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires