Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2021, 11:42 AM   #1
Donks

AC ducted vs non-ducted

First off, I live and camp in FL (its hot). I just got rid of my Jayco 295BH and I am looking at RL models to replace it (didnt use the BH like we thought we would and it takes up 1/3 of the unit). So far, we have looked at a sprinter limited 3190rl and an arcadia 3660rl (leaning toward the arcadia). The jayco had 2 ac units both blowing into the same duct work. It worked well at keeping the whole camper cool but, could not keep up in the height of summer. the arcadia has 2 ac units neither are ducted. One blowing in the main area the other blowing down on the bed. The sprinter has 2 units the main unit is ducted and the second unit just blows down straight on the bed. Would love to hear opinions, experiences, etc as to which setup is best in really hot weather.
Donks is offline   Reply With Quote