Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
sdalpine

Heater fan runs and runs and Incommand has to always be reset

This is a 2020 Alpine. Should we have these problems already ?
We have replaced the screen and that did not help this issue
When I turn it off and back on I always have to fix time and date
We are hooked up to a large propane tank not small tanks
When temperature is reached the fan just keeps running and blowing cold air
Would removing heater from Incommand and using normal thermostat resolve this issue?
sdalpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:35 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

First off it’s normal for the furnace to continue blowing after set temp is reached for a period of time (cool down) mode. How long does the fan run?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
sdalpine

It does not stop until reset, just keeps going
Old 10-28-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

In command is an ASA electronics system made by Jensen. It may still be under Jensen warranty, I would contact them and talk to tech support.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
sdalpine

Thank you. I have talked to and emailed them several times. Went through many different "fixes" with nothing working and then had the screen replaced. Was told to call Dometic. Lady at Dometic asked me the problem and I told her she wouldn't be able to solve the problem. Explained it to her and she said oh that's more than I can handle...call an rv tech . well good luck with that here
Old 10-28-2021, 03:57 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds to me like you talked to "the new guy at ASA" and he wasn't fully engaged in the issues....

I'd suspect that you've got a "ASA software issue" and either need to update the floorplan/equipment software. That program is "individualized to each trailer, based on the floorplan and what equipment is installed in the trailer. There have been several "upgrades" to the software to resolve issues with all the components "talking to each other" and with the ASA control system properly "managing the systems"...

I'd call ASA again, explain what all you've done, what you've replaced (which may be the basis for needing an updated version of the software) and see if they can help you further.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:09 PM   #7
sdalpine

I have updated software to current floor plan. I bought a corded mouse so I could calibrate correctly so it recognizes touch. I talked to 4 different people and have wasted so much time on the Incommand system
Old 10-30-2021, 04:52 AM   #8
ChuckS

You are having issues with gateway not seeing the signal from the In Command to properly control the HVAC ( furnace )...

Replacing the Display Commander will not fix this issue... And since blower motor is not shutting down after set point is reached .. But its only cool air blowing and not heated I'd have to be looking at the control module on furnace as well..

Once furnace has reached the set point then cool down mode should not last more that 90 seconds or so from signal off furnace control module...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, incommand