Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2018, 02:31 PM   #11
Mattdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
One of the things that I noticed on mine is that when retracting the slide out back in, the top of the slide out actually starts to move just a bit before the bottom of the slide does. At first, I though that it might be an issue, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense....and here's why. When the room is all the way out, gravity is wanting to of course make the slide "tip" downward just a bit. So if the slide starts to retract and the slide is "sagging" just a little from gravity, it seems to me that it would be in a little bit of a bind, trying to come back in cocked a little. On mine, when the room starts in, the top of it probably travels...maybe a 1/2" to 5/8" before the bottom of the room starts moving.

One question I have for you....when the slide is retracting, is there a noticeable difference in speed (slowing down) before it stops after the 10 or 12 inches....or does it travel at normal speed then just stop? If it's slowing down before stopping, I would suspect some sort of binding on the lower rollers or a bit of a mis-adjustment on the cables that pull it in. And remember, which ever direction the room is travelling, the opposite cables should have some slack in them, enough to raise and lower them by hand about an 1".

If you aren't seeing any change in speed when retracting it, and you can't hear an obvious "groaning" from the motor......there is a strong possibility that what was stated above about one of the auto-reset breakers (thermal switch if you will) possibly being bad. Remember, if it is slowing down and groaning before it stops, the auto-reset breaker is probably just doing it's job, as they are made to open when a certain amount of current flows through them....and the motor straining that much is probably causing the breaker to see that amount of current and open up. Hope this help and keep us posted.
If the motor is groaning or slowing before stopping, what would the problem be instead of the auto reset breaker?
Mattdixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide