Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2021, 12:42 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

When you start planning out the mod, remember that any exposed drain line with water in it will freeze, so consider keeping the valves for all tanks inside the heated space. That way you can close the valves and have no water in the drain lines under the trailer. Otherwise, the first "cold snap with water filled connecting lines and you won't be able to drain the tanks until spring.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #22
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in NJ View Post
I also have a 32RLI and have the same complaint. I'll post pictures if I get it done. Please do the same.

Mike, glad to hear from another 32RLI owner. Probably won't happen on my end until late March or early April.

Chuckster57 solved one of my major questions back at the beginning. I wasn't sure what the pipes were made of. Now that I know it's ABS, I can readily see that any Home Depot or plumbing store will have the fittings I need. Just have to measure carefully and get the slope and the angles just right.

Bases on prior experience with campers in general, plan on terminating the new connection with waste dump valve like this https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-Wast...FEG8TF6DEPYSDC
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #23
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
If you want a rv with the kitchen on one end, the bath on the other the odds are pretty high you're going to have 2 dump locations. It's not like the stick/brick where lines can run underneath in any/every direction. I personally don't see it as that difficult to connect 2 outlets with a Y or dump separately, I see it as an inconvenience, so if wanting that particular floorplan it's something you must deal with.
Most parks/campgrounds have bathroom facilities, if it's that difficult or inconvenient, use those facilities & no need to worry about 2 hoses. Not trying to be harsh or a smart a##, just pointing out options.
Also on that Raptor that dump location may be the in the ideal location now, but I'll guarantee at some point at some park you may need 50' of sewer hose to connect, same with power cord & water supply hose.

We have a rear kitchen with separate gray tank and another gray and the black and they all discharge through one out.

Camco makes a tee fitting that would work if the two drains outlet are in different areas:https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-398...oaAohIEALw_wcB
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 02:53 PM   #24
deer30084

I cannot believe manufacturers have done this. If you are purchasing a travel trailer and it has two connections you must use at the dump station, walk away!
deer30084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #25
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
I cannot believe manufacturers have done this. If you are purchasing a travel trailer and it has two connections you must use at the dump station, walk away!
pretty petty reason to walk away!!
Old 01-11-2021, 12:54 PM   #26
sfem192

Yes it can be done combining the two drains into one. It is ABS pipe and it was my experience that the fittings were a little difficult to find. They are thin wall but the outside of the pipe is the same size as schedule 40.

One of my original drains and valve handles were under a slide so they were not easily accessible with the slide out. I was able to get the two together going over the axle with sufficient clearance and not have any problems so far. I did move the hose connector toward the center of the trailer without being under the slide and moved the dump handle to the edge of the slide where it is easily accessible with the slide out. Now I don’t have to get on my knees for the hose connector or the valve handle at all.

There is sufficient slope where everything flows downhill and the valves are still inside the black cover so they don’t freeze as easily.
sfem192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:34 PM   #27
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Wouldn’t a sewer hose ‘Y’ connector work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiacs View Post
Yes, this will certainly work and has also been suggested by others. What it does not accomplish is to remove the pain-in-the-*** factor of hooking up two connections each time. I would like to hook up one hose and be done with it.
Well I guess a post I made earlier didn't take.
We have a front grey and a rear galley and one connection our 5er is 32' long so some distance between two tanks. The run from the galley tank is 1.5" and has a nice slope.

I would rather spend an afternoon and maybe $20 to $50 worth the ABS to fix the issue and only need to make one hook up, than to need to carry five to six lengths of hose and a "Y" connector, and have a setup like this to drain when packing up.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:55 PM   #28
Maineiacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well I guess a post I made earlier didn't take.

I would rather spend an afternoon and maybe $20 to $50 worth the ABS to fix the issue and only need to make one hook up, ........

That's exactly what I intend to accomplish. Should be a little easier as my waste pipes are only 4 to 6 feet apart. I'll be back this spring to post photos.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:33 PM   #29
CaptnJohn

Montana did great on my 2019 3761FL. Gray 2 qnd black 2 all to ONE outlet. Additionally, all 4 valve handles in ONE location. I'd never have a double outlet rig.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #30
bikabill

Convert Two Sewer Pipes into One

I don't know why any RV mfg. ever thought that two sewer connections was a good idea! I think it is just poor designing on their part. In my case I love a front kitchen and so I got a 2021 2608BS and I plan to convert the 2-drain into one like in this video:

Some in this thread say it's necessary with kitchen and bath at opposite ends of the RV, but that's not so. Our first RV was a Sunline, same length as this Keystone, with a front kitchen and rear bath and only ONE Sewer connection. Sunline had good designers.

I'd appreciate suggestions from anyone with positive experience/ideas. But please no comments about making water flow uphill and slams about separating kitchen from bath.

bikabill
bikabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 09:51 AM   #31
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinski View Post
I can't believe Keystone would have built it that way, that's awful having to move to complete the dumping process.

I have to give them kudos for how my Raptor is plumbed. I have 3 tanks ( 1 black 2 gray) and they are all plumbed together to 1 dump connection. ALso that location is close to hookup control box so I only need short hoses for both the dump and the flush water line.

Really happy with how they did the Raptor, not sure why they wouldn't have on all units.

Thanks
Shannon
Check out the Raptor's with two bathrooms - they almost all have two dump connections, one on either side of the axles. It's not a "Raptor" issue - it's a floorplan issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
If you consider having to move once while dumping to be "awful" and you are going to walk away for that reason, you might want to consider just walking away period. Having, using, and maintaining an RV is definitely not the most convenient thing you can do. Moving forward once while dumping is not much inconvenience in the overall scheme of RV use. JMHO
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain