Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
JackinDixie

Upgrade to the Summit 50" 4K Television

Whomever at Keystone RV decided to put Summit 50" 4K televisions in the new 2021 Keystone RVs should be rounded-up and face a firing squad at dawn! The aft facing speakers in my Summit TV distorted the sound at any volume above MUTE!!!

After lots of research, I pulled the trigger and ordered a SAMSUNG HW-T550 2.1ch Soundbar with Dolby Audio/DTS Virtual:X which includes a wireless sub woofer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The addition of the Samsung Soundbar and subwoofer to the Summit TV was a game changer with STUNNING sound! I'm no audiophile but I do know a great sound/upgrade when I hear it. The sound is now PURE, no distortion, and you are able to enhance the vocals of speech over the background music in videos and movies so you can actually HEAR the dialog over the background noise.

I was so impressed by the Samsung soundbar, I ordered and installed the optional Samsung SWA-8500S 2.0 Wireless Speaker System Wall Mountable Black Model (SWA-8500S/ZA) system for true surround sound as well:

IMHO if you're looking to go beyond the distorted sound and rear facing speakers in the Summit tv and enjoy entertainment at a reasonable cost... do yourself a favor and install a Samsung soundbar, subwoofer and back speakers for surround sound as good as most theaters at a fraction of the costs. (NOTE: I placed the subwoofter behind my dual theater seats and mounted the soundbar below the Summit TV.)

Best investment/modification I've made to the new RV, so far.

Enjoy!

(DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with Samsung and have NOT been paid or offered a free audio system for my opinion and post.)
Branford, FL
JackinDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinDixie View Post
Whomever at Keystone RV decided to put Summit 50" 4K televisions in the new 2021 Keystone RVs should be rounded-up and face a firing squad at dawn! The aft facing speakers in my Summit TV distorted the sound at any volume above MUTE!!!

After lots of research, I pulled the trigger and ordered a SAMSUNG HW-T550 2.1ch Soundbar with Dolby Audio/DTS Virtual:X which includes a wireless sub woofer:

The addition of the Samsung Soundbar and subwoofer to the Summit TV was a game changer with STUNNING sound! I'm no audiophile but I do know a great sound/upgrade when I hear it. The sound is now PURE, no distortion, and you are able to enhance the vocals of speech over the background music in videos and movies so you can actually HEAR the dialog over the background noise.

I was so impressed by the Samsung soundbar, I ordered and installed the optional Samsung SWA-8500S 2.0 Wireless Speaker System Wall Mountable Black Model (SWA-8500S/ZA) system for true surround sound as well:

IMHO if you're looking to go beyond the distorted sound and rear facing speakers in the Summit tv and enjoy entertainment at a reasonable cost... do yourself a favor and install a Samsung soundbar, subwoofer and back speakers for surround sound as good as most theaters at a fraction of the costs. (NOTE: I placed the subwoofter behind my dual theater seats and mounted the soundbar below the Summit TV.)

Best investment/modification I've made to the new RV, so far.

Enjoy!

(DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with Samsung and have NOT been paid or offered a free audio system for my opinion and post.)
I’m glad you reminded me how bad the summit sounds.. I was going to buy a new tv but should probably just get the sound bar as well. Does the sound bar interfere with closing slides at all?
Old 12-21-2020, 05:27 PM   #3
JackinDixie

No Sir! The soundbar can sit on top of the cabinet beneath the Summit TV, mounted on the wall or mounted to the bottom of the TV (the installation I chose.)
Branford, FL
Old 12-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinDixie View Post
No Sir! The soundbar can sit on top of the cabinet beneath the Summit TV, mounted on the wall or mounted to the bottom of the TV (the installation I chose.)
Thank you I appreciate
Old 01-09-2024, 04:23 PM   #5
vpo3

Hi Jack,

I think I might have the same TV as you. Mine is a LE5047? I'm looking for a pdf manual for it. I have a 2021 Cougar 32rli that I just purchased, I have no manuals and I'm trying to figure everything out.

Thanks,

Pierce
vpo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:51 PM   #6
RJS3791RD

FYI. That manual is available on Keystones website. http://images.ext.keystonerv.com/servicemanuals/Vendor%20Manuals/Appliances/TV/Summit/Summit%20LE5047%20LED%20TV.pdf
RJS3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:02 PM   #7
JackinDixie

Looks like RJS3791RD provided the same link I found for your PDF manual.

CONGRATS on your new RV!
Branford, FL

Tags
television, upgrade