Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #61
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Like I said before, I bet it’s a matter of speed on the assembly line so the person at that stations grabs 1,2 or 3 entry locksets and doesn’t have time to “go digging” for matches sets. It would be a logistic issue trying to set up lock sets prior to a unit reaching that station.
It's even worse than that.

As I discovered this week when I got my faulty door replaced, Amos doesn't grab locksets on the assembly line, he grabs whole doors with locksets already on them! That certainly makes it uneconomical for a manufacturer to provide keyed-alike doors.

When I went to pick up my rig after the door repair, my key wouldn't work. Then the service guy hands me two new keys. I told him I already went through the effort to make my doors keyed-alike and I would like my original lock, please. Apparently, this has never been an issue before. He argued that the work order didn't say anything about retaining the old lock. I rebutted that it didn't say anything about the locks being changed, either, and I had no way of knowing how Lippert shipped doors. He had to find the old door (and my old key), and swap the latch back out. Between this and other delays at his shop, this "two-hour, same-day" service issue will be six days old by the time I get to pick it up.

And of course, they want to charge me twice what they quoted. They even wanted to charge me the "non-member" service rate by claiming I didn't buy the rig there. Now, if that were my next rig, they'd be right.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #62
flybouy
Site Team

Sounds like real racket. Speaking of, DW called down to Frontier Town CG in Ocean City, MD for reservations for a week in April. After going thru the site number, days, etc. they said for $25 we could "lock in the site". What? We just reserved the site what you talking about locking it in? Apparently, now they can "bump" you to another site even though you reserved it months in advance. What a scam for $25.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 PM   #63
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Sounds like real racket. Speaking of, DW called down to Frontier Town CG in Ocean City, MD for reservations for a week in April. After going thru the site number, days, etc. they said for $25 we could "lock in the site". What? We just reserved the site what you talking about locking it in? Apparently, now they can "bump" you to another site even though you reserved it months in advance. What a scam for $25.
Just think of it as like an airline reservation. You reserve a ticket, but have to pay extra for a specific seat. In reality, I’m hoping this does NOT catch on at other campgrounds.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:09 PM   #64
mike95776

no more keys!!

One of the best investments we have made was to install a touch pad door lock... No more thinking about if I have a key when......ever! I was concerned that the battery would need constant replacement but we have had the same set of batteries in the lock for over a year...

We recently camped with some friends and he thought she had a key and she thought he did... luckily they had left a window open a crack or.... it would have gotten ugly. Marital spats are never fun at the campsite...The locks run around $170 to $200 .... No more finger pointing... Yes, I also have a hidden key.... I always have a plan B...

here is the amazon link https://smile.amazon.com/RVLock-Comp...CFGX&srpt=LOCK
mike95776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 03:06 AM   #65
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95776 View Post
One of the best investments we have made was to install a touch pad door lock... No more thinking about if I have a key when......ever! I was concerned that the battery would need constant replacement but we have had the same set of batteries in the lock for over a year...

We recently camped with some friends and he thought she had a key and she thought he did... luckily they had left a window open a crack or.... it would have gotten ugly. Marital spats are never fun at the campsite...The locks run around $170 to $200 .... No more finger pointing... Yes, I also have a hidden key.... I always have a plan B...

here is the amazon link https://smile.amazon.com/RVLock-Comp...CFGX&srpt=LOCK
We did the same thing with the old 5er. I kept the old lock assembly and when we traded it in on this new one I swapped the original lock back in and installed the touchpad on the new one.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote