Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
flipazn

Quick connect propane connection on side of trailer

Hello. I have a 2014 Keystone Hideout 24BH and I finally got around to using the propane connection on the side of my trailer to fire up my tailgating grill (I’ve owned the trailer for about a year and a half and never used it). I bought the proper quick connect propane hose but when I connected it and opened the valve, I got nothing. Any advice on what the problem may be? Both tanks were open and everything else propane related were working properly (stove, fridge, water heater, etc). Any advice is greatly appreciated!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7188.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	17577

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #2
Dwood95503

Does your grill have a regulator on it? The quick disconnect is already regulated by your trailer. I had to get a special hose to connect my Coleman road trip grill to my trailer. Wouldn’t work without it.
Dwood95503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
flipazn

I have the Coleman tailgating grill so I’m assuming the problem is with the hose. Do you happen to remember which hose you got?

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
Dwood95503

Quick connect propane connection on side of trailer

I ordered mine from here. http://torjik.com.
Love it. My roadtrip has an external regulator and this hose allowed me to connect the grill without it. If your regulator is internal, I’m not sure if you can bypass it. Good luck.
Dwood95503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:59 PM   #5
Brentw

You sure it is fully inserted, happened to me. Seemed right but wasn't.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 12:18 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Both points to consider. If you have a hose to connect to a disposable tank fitting then you still have a regulator on your grill and it won't work. The regulator on the grill must be removed. It's also easy to think you have the quick disconnect fitting in when it isn't fully seated. You must push the outer part of the trailer fitting in while inserting the male hose connection and keep pressing the hose fitting in while you release the trailer fitting. You should hear a "click" when it engages. If it fully engages you tell by pulling on the hose, it will not come out. Then after fully engaging the hose you must turn the valve on the trailer quick disconnect fitting so it's in-line with the hose. That valve should only turn if the fitting is fully engaged unless it's been bent. You will need to turn it off (handel across the fitting) for it to be disengaged. After properly connecting, it may take several seconds for the air to purge out of the hose and from the gas line. Hope this helps.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:45 AM   #7
cavediver

There are two styles of quick couplers, you may have the wrong one. Something to check.

Jack
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
pikespeakviewer

I find that in the beginning of the year, the flow to the outside kitchen valve is a little slow. I start the burners inside the trailer, to get the flow going to that part of the trailer. Then turn those off. Then turn on the hot water tank (using gas, not electric). Then once that's going for a few minutes, turn it off. Then I find the flow to the outside kitchen much better.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:44 AM   #9
Rotorwash

Def check for the regulator already connected to your BBQ. I had to modify my Weber Baby-Q to accept the quick-connect; Had to remove the attached regulator (roundish in shape) and add a male quick connect w/ a few NPT adapters. Also made the original regulator a quick connect so I can use the small 1lb bottles if need be.
Rotorwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane