Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
sfsurvivor

Dometic Refrigerator Door Gasgets

Have a 2014 Keystone Alpine Fifthwheel - 2 1/2 years old - - The refrigerator Is a Dometic 4 Door Side by side RM1350MX - - The door gasgets on the lower 2 doors have already failed (TORN) - - Camping World told me that Dometic will not sell the gasgets!!!!!!! I have to by 2 new doors!!!!!!!
Why wouold anyone sell these products and why wouold anyone buy them?? I would have NEVER bought this unit if I knew I would be spending $500.00 in 2 1/2years !!!! The gasgets just pull off and can be easily installed!!!!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sfsurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quick Google search gave this:
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...ator-parts.htm

I've not bought gaskets/seals from them but have bought other stuff. There is a couple of videos I came across also on YouTube. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
tdawg

on my 2013 alpine i called dometic to replace the stainless door fronts with the black fronts. I'm sure they would sell you the door gaskets.
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The refrigerator door gasket part number is 3851228019. Both the left and right gaskets are the same. You can find them by doing a Google search for the part number, or you can go to Dyers RV parts and get them. Here's their link: http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-d...982mm-wht.html

Talk to their tech support or call Dometic to get the "real procedure" for replacing them and adjusting them to fit your doors (so you have no leaks).

It's an easy process, but if you just "tear the old ones off and put on new ones" you'll probably wind up with a refrigerator that can't "keep its cool".....

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #5
sfsurvivor

Thank you all for your insight, will let ya'll know how I do - Thanks again!!!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:16 AM   #6
sfsurvivor

Dometic will NOT sell the gasgets - you have to buy the doors @ $225 each!!!! Never heard of such a thing!!!
Old 12-16-2016, 06:28 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsurvivor View Post
Dometic will NOT sell the gasgets - you have to buy the doors @ $225 each!!!! Never heard of such a thing!!!
sfsurvivor. I just got offline talking with Dawn at Dyers RV. Here is a copy of our conversation.

John: Do you have the door gasket PN 3851228019 on hand or can you get them?

Call accepted by operator Dawn. Currently in room: Dawn, John.
Dawn: Hi John
Dawn: Let me take a look
John: thanks
Dawn: Yes, we do have it in stock and we can ship it out tomorrow
Dawn: I mean today
Dawn: sorry
John: OK, Thank you, I have a friend who needs two. I'll let him know they are in stock.
Dawn: ok.. We have 4.. If he orders within the next 3 hours we can get it shipped out today
John: I'll let him know, Thanks for your help, Dawn.

So, sfsurvivor, if you want to buy the gaskets, you can do so at: http://www.dyersonline.com/dometic-d...982mm-wht.html

They have 4 in stock....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 AM   #8
sfsurvivor

Dawn at Dyers -
Dawn:
The previous rep at Dometic may of messed up so I am on with someone else
Dawn:
ok, you can only get the freezer door gaskets.. You will want to order 2 qty of 84066
Dawn:
The refrigerators, you have to replace the whole door
Michael:
need door gaskets
Dawn:
So let me see if I can adjust my prices
Michael:
wow
Dawn:
I know! She kept looking and researching and asked her supervisor and that correct
Old 12-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #9
sfsurvivor

Speaking with dawn at dyers now she said the gaskets by serial number off refrig are not avail unless I buy whole door
Old 12-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

The information relayed is only as good as the person providing it, so ???

Next on the agenda, I think, would be to contact some of the cooling unit rebuilding companies. They take old cooling units, rebuild them as replacements and also rebuild complete refrigerators. If they do rebuild a 1350, chances are they would have access to the gaskets. It doesn't seem likely a rebuilding company would be installing new doors.

You can do a "google search" for "RV REFRIGERATOR COOLING UNITS" and get a number of links to research. Here are a few links to rebuilders:

http://atcoamerica.com/

http://rvrefrig.com/

http://rvcoolingunit.com/

There is one company in Arkansas that is a "not reliable at all" type of business. I don't have the name of that business, so as a precaution, I'd suggest not contacting anyone in Arkansas.

Hopefully, one of the rebuilding companies will have a source.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #11
sfsurvivor

Thanks so much for your help John!!!! Dawn is looking into me using the original gaskets that you gave part number for - they do measure the correct size
Old 12-16-2016, 09:06 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

The Dometic Parts Breakdown for the RM1350MX gives that part number for the lower door gaskets for your refrigerator. They "should work" if the Dometic IPB is correct. Now, the "trick" is installing them properly and adjusting them to seal properly on your refrigerator frame lip. There is a specific procedure for installing the gaskets and for "heating them to form fit" that you'll need to follow. It's not quite as simple as "taping them in place and closing the door" but it's definitely a "owner can do it" type of repair.

Good luck, I'm pretty much convinced that if you can get the correct gaskets from "somewhere" and can follow instructions, you can do it without buying two new doors !!!

Keep us all posted, I've got a hunch you're not the only one with this problem, just the only one that's said anything about it....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
dometic, gas