Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2013, 03:38 AM   #1
tdawg

water leak

Have a 2013 Alpine 3535 and when i lowered front landing gear to hook up to truck water came out from left front corner out of frame. i have not removed coroplast yet but when it was level no signs of leak was about 1 gal. of what looked like clear water any ideas?
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
tdawg

Okay I need to pick your brains. I pulled the coroplast from the front half of alpine and there was some water very little it was between coroplast and the silver barrier blanket. I pulled down all of insulation exposing the holding tanks the insulation was dry and no signs of water or any leaking. Is it possible road water found its way between frame and coroplast there are a few gaps that I need to add more screws
Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
closesquarters

Leak

Think I may have an idea for you. Is the water coming from the same side of the camper that the (water hook-up) area is?

I have had the same happen to my 2012 Montana and I'll tell you how this happened to me. I have to remove two flat twist-off thingys to feed my fresh water hose into the waterworks area. If my fresh water hook-up is not connected tightly (this happened once when I used an older hose) a small drip was occurring in the waterworks are during my campground stay.

Later... when hitching-up... I noticed water dripping out from under the camper somewhere... probably not a gallon... but at least a pint or two. I think the water got trapped in that under space due to the leak in the waterworks area. This has never happened again.

2012 Keystone Montana 3582RL
2011 Duramax 3500 short box
closesquarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
tdawg

I think you are right when I was using sewer back flush my hose connection was leaking pretty good into the waterworks area you described I have the same 2 plastic lids that unscrew to run hose up through. Thanks